Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with this fabric?

What would you do with this fabric?

I have 1/2 yard of 3 different Easter fabrics. As you can see in picture 2 I do have some coordinating fabric. I want to make a wall hanging or table runner type thing, but I have no idea what pattern. Any ideas?

photo DSCF8256.jpg

photo DSCF8255.jpg

Couple of options
    1. Remove the two fabrics on the upper right ( the jelly beans with black background and the eggs with the green background) the remaining fabrics then seem to work better with each other.
    2. Use the jelly bean fabric with the hot pink, lime greens, solid blue, pink (looks solid)' and the yellow.
    3. Use the eggs with green background with the yellow, pink, blue, and lime green

a lot will depend on the design as well.
    Good luck!

I probably could find more coordinating fabrics in my stash if anyone thinks I should have more/different colors. Or..... I could go shopping LOL

Nanny, I like like option 2 but could probably do a couple of them. What patterns would you use?

I was thinking of doing this with the jelly beans as the focal fabric but only have 1/2 yard. The pattern says I need 5/8 yard. I bought this fabric at an Amish quilt show so I have no idea how to get more.

http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.h...118&cat_id=434

Any ideas of another pattern?

i would do the blue egg fabric with the two pinks on the bottom and the two greens then the blue asnd yellow withbtghe jelly been then find other fabric for the green egg one. maybe do dnp or cut strips and squares. hope this helps.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Blog Entries
    I'd choose a favorite and do this runner. The others could wait until another year or be made for gifts.
    http://quiltbug.com/free/table-topper.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
    Couple of options
    1. Remove the two fabrics on the upper right ( the jelly beans with black background and the eggs with the green background) the remaining fabrics then seem to work better with each other.
    2. Use the jelly bean fabric with the hot pink, lime greens, solid blue, pink (looks solid)' and the yellow.
    3. Use the eggs with green background with the yellow, pink, blue, and lime green

a lot will depend on the design as well.
    Good luck!
    Great advice! I don't think the 3 fabrics work well together for a small project, the pastels and brights are a tough combo.

Moda Bakes Shop had this one. If you did it in egg shapes, instead of circles. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/08/...le-runner.html

I found many ideas while exploring pinterest .... can't wait to start on one of them!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast