Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you stitching this weekend?

I spent a humongous chunk of the day piecing 2 more of my table runners. I need to have 7 of them done by Christmas; 8 if I make one for my club Christmas exchange. I'll finish those this week, hopefully by Wednesday so I can cut out the pieces for the last one. I want them all done by the 1st so I can spend November quilting them.

I don't have a lot of "spare" fabric to make a sandwich to practice straight stitch quilting on my "new" machine, a '54 Singer 66. I want to learn all about quilting on her, so what better way than a bunch of small projects. I hope to post some WIP projects soon.

What about you guys?

I am trying to finish up a baby quilt top. I will likely be posting soon for quilting suggestions

Blog Entries
    I sewed a block for a swap that I'm not even participating in. Go figure, lol. Then I SID'ed a wall-hanging and need to finish the binding.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I wish I were sewing. I had major house cleaning to get done and then errands. I am cooking in the morning but in the afternoon I am sewing no matter what doesnt get done....I have a few boarders yet to put on 2 placemats and then that project will be finished. I need to get a quilt cut and ready for retreat next week. Actually I have 2 to do but will happy with just getting one ready.

I put the binding on a lap quilt for my mother for Christmas. Next I have two quilts back from the quilter that I will be binding. But I'm dying to start a fall table runner and a Christmas Attic Window wall hanging!!

Blog Entries
    I went garage saling. I found some really nice fabric for a reasonable price, but I don't need anymore fabric. I can't seem to say no to a good deal on fabric.

A friend of mine is working on a cathedral window by hand. Thought I'd give it a try, got on the tutorials and found Eddie's machine pieced tutorial. Yessss! That's more my speed Bought my muslin and have some feedsack pieces. Will probably sew the turned back curved pieces by hand to give it authenticity since I'm using muslin and feedsacks.

I'm in the process,cutting fabric for 4 octg. table center pieces for a raffle on the 1st of November. Tinker

Blog Entries
    No sewing for me, only work. I work for a 25 bed hospital and we are moving this weekend to a brand new building. Will sew again after the stress level goes down.

Was gifted a different sewing desk, spent the day adjusting it to my room. Have also been cutting 2" green squares for my scrap box.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast