Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you stitching this weekend?

hand quilting a quilt for my neighbor for christmas. she has no idea it's coming so I'm looking forward to giving it to her

I embroidered a frog face on a onesie for my DGD today and cut out strips for 3 tote bags for gifts. Got one done today except for the handles. Tomorrow I hope to get more done.

Just finished piecing a quilt top for one GGS and am ready for borders on one for another GGS. I have enjoyed making both of these. They will be for Christmas.

I am making 2dozen cloth napkins for use in my house. The old ones are looking pretty skrocky,

Blog Entries
    Finishing a Kitty rag quilt (Simplicity) for my DGD she will be 4.
    Yesterday bought the fabric for my DGS's Super Hero's Quilts.
    I better get back to work!

Wow, such diverse activities!

I've made lots and lots of baby quilts, but today (and tomorrow) I'm tackling some firsts.

The first baby quilt that I've ever:
    1. Made from my own design (okay, it's an easy one).
    2. Written directions/tutorial for (not too hard).
    3. Made with a fleece backing.
    4. Tied instead of quilted.

A picture of the plain ole top is here: http://debzpicaday.blogspot.com/2011...34-of-365.html

Blog Entries
    Cleaned house then finished my Christmas quilt. It is striped pieced with a lot of applique. Christmas trees on the front and giant poinsettias on the back. Sending it to my quilter tomorrow. Can't wait to see it quilted. I will add some bling when I get it back. Starting new black and white quilt for my daughter tonight.

Starting my step daughter's Peanuts character quilt. By the way she is 32!!!

Not stitching much but I got a bushel of outgrown jeans, a bushel of polyester double knit and a bushel of fake fur to the car to take to the thrift store. Real bushels.

Am making 2 "I Spy" quilts for friends who are expecting little ones.

Also finally got out my autumn decorations and placed through out the house.

Cutting flannel for 5 rag quilts for the grand-kids for Christmas. Hubby left this morning and is out of town till next Sunday so I hope to get some machine time on my new Janome. DD is down this weekend and she was warned that it will be "simple" this weekend. She always comes home with a "menu" of what she would like to take home for the week; ans while I do not mind there are some times I want "me" time.

I have been making piano key boarder using adding machine paper.

Whoooo. I got a Boomerang block done and ready for mailing,
    Worked on granddaughter No1's Christmas quilt. (9 patch.)
    Working on granddaughter No2's Cathedal Windows.
    wanting to start my husband's Christmas quilt but have work while is is working.

Finished a Super Mario top for a friends baby (should have been done in June, but it is a big quilt so the baby will be able to use if for many years to come) Then started a 10-minute block quilt for DH for Christmas. Have 7 blocks complete (except for the top stitching), 4 that I have to unsew and adjust and 1 with the final seam left to do.

I tried to test quilting designs I had digitized for my PC Quilter but it kept binding on something. I had to keep going up & down the stairs to try different things until hubby finally agreed it was a problem he needed to fix. He's the one that made all the modifications it needed to work on the frame I have now so of course I all ready knew it was one of his modifications causing the issue. I used it without bothering him at all on my original frame. He supposedly fixed the issue and I tested it again without it binding but I tested it when he first modified it and didn't have this issue. He seems positive that it is now "fixed." I'll keep my eyes open for the wheels I want to put on it instead of his modified system.

By the time he got it working properly again and I tested it to make sure--LOL--it was time for supper.

Tomorrow, I'm going to piece the backing for a throw size quilt and load it all on the frame and use the designs I tested before hubby's modifications quit working again while doing the weekly laundry. Hopefully I can get the kids to do the grocery shopping.

Made 6 burp rags. Starte to sew on a new winter backpack purse and discovered I've misplaced one piece. Will do more work on Nov. 6 baby shower for January baby quilt.

Anyone want to press for me?

Finishing a challenge quilt for my LQS needs to be turned in on 5th Sat of Oct.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pandamommy
    Finished a Super Mario top for a friends baby (should have been done in June, but it is a big quilt so the baby will be able to use if for many years to come) Then started a 10-minute block quilt for DH for Christmas. Have 7 blocks complete (except for the top stitching), 4 that I have to unsew and adjust and 1 with the final seam left to do.
    pandamommy
    Where did you find Super Mario fabric? All 3 of my DGS's love Mario. I was looking for Incredible Hulk too only could find him online. I would like to see a picture of quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy2
    pandamommy
    Where did you find Super Mario fabric? All 3 of my DGS's love Mario. I was looking for Incredible Hulk too only could find him online. I would like to see a picture of quilt.
    couldn't find fabric. When searching on line found where some one had cut 2 inch blocks and arranged to resemble mario. I'll post a picture of it in a day or two.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy2
    pandamommy
    couldn't find fabric. When searching on line found where some one had cut 2 inch blocks and arranged to resemble mario. I'll post a picture of it in a day or two.
    I bought 3 mario T-Shirts on sale thinking about cutting them to at least have one block on each quilt with Mario.
    Will be watching for pictures.

Just this evening I pin-basted a baby quilt that I have had for some time. I made it a few years ago and the lady did not like the fabric so I put it in a bin and made her another one. This is long overdue for a quilting!

I am also working on piecing a batik top that I have been working on.

Oh and fixing the ties on my infant son's crib bumper - hubby accidentally tore them trying to use brute force to get the mattress back in after a sheet change!! Haha!

finishing up 3 blankets for gifts, hopefully I will get all three finished.

Practicing - trying to get consistent 1/4" seams. Still can't do that!

I am stitching down sheep using blanket stitch for a baby quilt - the sheep are made out of fleece lol

Blog Entries
    Sewing on a quilt top, and working on a small table topper for our table in the dining room.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast