Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on this week?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries

What are you working on this week?

Are you starting a new project, or finishing up old ones?

Or maybe attending graduation parties, and not sewing at all?

In my neck of the woods it is going to be HOT , and more HOT. So yes this time of year I love that my sewing room is in the basement where it is so cool. I will be working on various projects.. mostly building my inventory for a craft show.
    What are you working on?

I am trying my hand at curved piecing - I found this great pattern from the Dresden challenge - so I wanted to try it - those bias edges are difficult - it looks interesting but I have a lot of puckers - its a learning experience.

A shop hop kit from a couple of years ago that I just got at an estate sale. It is made with Hoffman metallics and coordinates. Easy blocks and lots of extra fabric. I am also finishing up a flange pillow.

Attaching the borders to a neutral Patches and Pinwheels quilt top as well as a Kaffe Fassett "S" block quilt.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    Working on a mystery quilt BOM, quilting my nephews quilt and going to his birthday this weekend. And the normal house cleaning this weekend

I'm hoping for rain so that I can get the last three blocks of this scrappy Stepping Stones done and finally clean the house!
    Name:  Stepping Stones blocks 5 001.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  1.30 MB
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I'm finishing up something that needs to be done, but I've lost my enthusiasm. It's an Eleanor Burns Lover's Knot - King Sized. The top came out really nice. I love the colors (yellow, gold and greens) i was going to make it as a duvet cover, so I just lined the top with muslin and am using a decorative stitch outlining the knots. I didn't pin it enough so it looks sloppy in spots. Not one of my better efforts. However, I think it will look ok once completed. It's going to be my Summer cover.
    Arlene

I'll be finishing projects for patterns. I have both patterns designed and written, I just need to complete the projects to go with them.

Blog Entries
    I might take my scraps out front on the porch and cut them down to strips and squares- something simple since we are so HOT again - Might also start cutting out another top -hhhmmm decisions, decisions..... LOL
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast