Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your best purchase at a show?

Blog Entries
    My Bernina 640E --- I bought it as a demo....half price. Next is my Tutto rolling cart for the machine and embroidery attachment - also at half price at 4:40 PM on an Sun. Will try for serger bag this time.
    I always ask the vendors on Sun afternoon for a discount or for demo's as they are reluctant to pack up...that is unless they are going on to another show.
    Last edited by Pete; 10-09-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    May your bobbins always be full and may your stash be never ending.

Blog Entries
    I purchased a needle threader made by the KAWAGUCHI COM. It has a hole for large needles and one for very thin needles, like for beading. My eyesight is go bad that it took me forever to thread a needle in the evening by lamp light. But this works great! Now I can do handsewing at night. Just love it and not very expensive. I think $10

I agree that my rotary cutter and mat are my favorite purchases.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannia View Post
    I forget what it's called but it a seam ripper that looks like a miniature hair clipper. I love that thing! I bought this too. Very useful. Use it all the time unfortunately LOL

Diannia
    I bought that too, it is very useful. I use it all the time unfortunately.LOL

Watching it snow here on the High Plains Desert of Western Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    Two years ago my Pfaff Ambition sewing machine. Love it to death!
    Just got my Ambition 1.5 a couple of weeks ago and agree.. Just in the learning curve for now, but it sews so sweet !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

My "Curve Master" foot
    "Gradations" batiks - wonderful for sashing samplers of various colors
    A bundle of 1/2 yd. cuts of shirting fabrics
    And most of all, "Dear Jane," the book which got me started on many years of enjoyable sewing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    Waaaaayy back when i think about 25 yrs ago my rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
    most recently my brooklyn revolver ( a mat on a lazy susan).
    Hi Lynnie - I loved my Brooklyn Revolver, but it's gotten way too expensive to replace, even for me with a wholesale account. When it wears out there's a Fiskar rotating square at Joanns - about $14 without using a coupon and it can cut a 6" square which can't be done on the BR

My favorite show purchase was the Martelli cutter and their blades. Took me forever to begin using it, but now I use it all the time. Much easier on my wrist and cuts well when I'm sitting down. The blade is sharper and longer lasting than any other I've used, including Gingher's.
    Last edited by gollytwo; 10-09-2012 at 08:02 AM.

curve master foot

I also bought a curve master foot at a show, but never haven't been able to get it to work.
    Wish I could because I love curved seams.

If anyone knows a tutoral that will help me learn to use this foot or has any tips for me, I would
    greatly appreciate it. I did watch a live demonstration at the show.
    Last edited by needles3thread; 10-09-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: adding question

My best purchae was my "Big Board" to go on my ironing board which I got at the Valley Forge, PA quilt show back in the late 1990's.

My first Pfaff. (7570)
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast