Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What Your Quilts Say About You

East Oklahoma - pining for Massachusetts

What Your Quilts Say About You

I was thinking about the patterns that I like the most. Boxed Squares, Log Cabin, Trip Around the World. I believe that these patterns say that I am (or want to be) well ordered. I have never done a crazy quilt, and even when I do a scrappy quilt, I must keep some kind of order. I make sure that certain colors are near certain other ones. I cannot just throw stuff together.

Do the patterns or colors that you pick say anything about you?
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. - Jonathan Winters

Be like a duck. Stay calm on the surface, but paddle like the dickens underneath.

Here and there
    Mine say I'm pretty square. However, I have made some crazy quilt vests that are extraordinarily pretty. Each usesdefinite colors--pink, brown, blue, etc. froggyintexas

West Coast
    a lot of mine say that I love color and chaos.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

was Upstate NY, now Winston-Salem NC
    Boston, my quilts say the same thing about me that yours say about you. I like order in my environment and therefore in my quilts too. The idea of pulling scraps out of a bag sight unseen and sewing them into the next space makes me crazy. Just my own personal weakness.

I think it was growing up in a large family, having four kids of my own and running a large company that made (and makes) me feel like I never quite have the control over my environment that I would like since there are too many moving parts. I try to make up for in my quilting, I guess.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Blog Entries
    mine say that i am traditional and ordered.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

SW Missouri
    Blog Entries
    I, too, am ordered, but most of my quilts are of soft/comfort fabrics (especially flannel), so I guess that says something as well.
    Courtesy is not optional.

Horseheads, NY 14845
    Mine are very traditional, scrappy makes my eyes go crazy, upsets my balance....I like thing balanced, and organized. I particularly like it when the blocks make another pattern within the quilt. I can go with a wide color palate.
    Deb Watkins

Chapel Hill NC
    Mine say that i have a lot of skills to learn! Jo in NC

Eastern Washington
    Mine may say that I really like balance, and a good amount of organization. I have "learned" to like scrappy quilts- and mine are controlled scrappy. But I do say that I love samplers that have all kinds of sizes of blocks! They are a fun challenge to make!
    I like bright colors, or softer ones, but not muddy or drab. And love large florals too!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

South central Nebraska, US
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    mine say that i am traditional and ordered.
    me too, Nan. I like scrappy but ordered and symmetrical. Happy New Year Everyone.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast