Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What's the difference?

Can someone explain the difference between Fanny's Fan and Grandmother's Fan? I've looked at both, and Googled them, but they still look the same to me.

don't know but I'm going to check them out.

jme
    They might be the same. I see blocks all the time and someone calls them something different than I do.

I think it's just different names. I've seen a lot of different designs - same fan, just worked into the quilt differently. Had never heard it called Fanny's Fan. May just be a new way to sell the same pattern. Under one of the pictures, it said that it could be made in any size. Are you making one?

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1943
    I think it's just different names. I've seen a lot of different designs - same fan, just worked into the quilt differently. Had never heard it called Fanny's Fan. May just be a new way to sell the same pattern. Under one of the pictures, it said that it could be made in any size. Are you making one?
    That's what I thought too because I couldn't tell any difference. Thanks! When I finish the baby quilt I'm working on Grandmother's Fan is my next project. Already have the material and will use the variegated thread to quilt it.