Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your design board right now? >

What's on your design board right now?

What's on your design board right now?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:03 PM

I have 3 things on my design wall. 1. Judy's mystery quilt. 2. A baby quilt 3. Strips sewn together waiting for me to decide on how I want to cut it.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM

I have a denim blue jeans rug started, an art quilt that I think I am ready to start beading, but not sure, orphan blocks I am playing with to see if I can get a quilt out of them, and I am still working on valentines and St Pat's Day cards. The valentine is one I made for my younger daughter. The pin represents her, the two red hearts represent her two older boys, and the crystal one is her youngest son who is waiting for us in heaven.
Attached Thumbnails design-wall-2-8-13.jpg   valentine-heather-2-2013.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM

I have a denim blue jeans rug started, an art quilt that I think I am ready to start beading, but not sure, orphan blocks I am playing with to see if I can get a quilt out of them, and I am still working on valentines and St Pat's Day cards. The valentine is one I made for my younger daughter. The pin represents her, the two red hearts are her represent her two older boys, and the crystal one is her youngest son who is waiting for us in heaven.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:18 PM

Pollyjvan9, I think that little project for your daughter is lovely. I also think the way you displayed it is very clever. Did you use some kind of thick interfacing for it? I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 AM

lots2do - thank you for your kind remarks. I started making quilted postcards last year and make at least a few for each holiday. I think the stabelizer in the card is called Timtex. I bought it at Hancocks. It is very stiff. I sew my design onto the Timtex, do all the decorative stitching before adding the white or offwhite backing with glue or stitching or binding around the outside. Then I address and add message. And last, I add any beads, buttons or whatever. Also, thanks for the condolences, It happened 5 years ago, on his 6th birthday, but it is still such a bad time of year for all of our family.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 AM

My design wall is empty - 2 projects are almost done, 3 in design phase.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:54 AM

I have just finished designing a braided quilt. Now to take it to a copy place to enlarge it for me to be able to have the pieces large enogh to stitch it together. It's actually going to be a braided quilt applique. This will be a long process for sure but I am up to the challange.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
lots2do - thank you for your kind remarks. I started making quilted postcards last year and make at least a few for each holiday. I think the stabelizer in the card is called Timtex. I bought it at Hancocks. It is very stiff. I sew my design onto the Timtex, do all the decorative stitching before adding the white or offwhite backing with glue or stitching or binding around the outside. Then I address and add message. And last, I add any beads, buttons or whatever. Also, thanks for the condolences, It happened 5 years ago, on his 6th birthday, but it is still such a bad time of year for all of our family.
You're welcome and thanks for the info. I'm going to have to try that out.