Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's your least favorite quilt and why? >
  • What's your least favorite quilt and why?

• What's your least favorite quilt and why?

Old 02-26-2014, 06:32 AM
    DJ

Once I was making a quilt for DD and showed it to her to make sure she liked it 'cause I didn't really. She loved it, so it made me start liking it much better. Then I started making a quilt for myself and really didn't like it but figured I'd finish it and donate it. By the time I finished it, I liked it a lot, and now it's one of my favorites in my home. Well, there is one quilt I made that I didn't like from start to finish. I wanted to make a housewarming quilt for a friend and had her pick the pattern and fabrics. She ended up liking it so well she hung it up in her living room, so now I have to see it whenever I visit. I'm glad she likes it though. She says she gets lots of compliments on it.

I like the weave look in yours. It's bright and lovely.
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:03 PM

The least liked one I've made is my first attempt at a lone star quilt. My second attempt at a lone star I may like the best.

The least liked ones I've seen are usually in a quilt magazine with floral fabric, and inadequate contrast in the fabrics.
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 PM

Personally, I don't care for the Lone Star pattern at all. I know it is a favorite with many quilters.
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:16 PM
    Power Poster

I don't like Bargello, Grandmother's Flower Garden, and anything 30s. Not even sure why - I just don't.
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:27 PM
    Power Poster

All kids like it when someone makes something specifically for them, but when you make something for a step child, it makes them feel welcomed. No stepchild I have ever met really felt welcomed by the step parents family. So when you give it to him do it with a smile and never let him know what a pain it was to do. Let him know you definitely did it because you loved him. We do know how kids are. And his smile will make all that worth while. My DH treats both my sons with a lot of respect. My oldest sons step mother treats him like a piece of trash. Thank goodness my youngest son doesn't have to go through that. Give him the quilt with a lot of love.
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:30 PM

Sunbonnet Sue........... Sorry if I offend anyone )
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny
    Sunbonnet Sue........... Sorry if I offend anyone )
    I can relate to that. lol
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:40 PM
    Power Poster

I'm not that shot up about the twister. I did a couple rows and got mixed up and said I don't need this kind of stress. Went into the scrap pile. From scraps you came and scraps you will return!
    Old 02-26-2014, 05:48 PM

I really hated the kitty-cat quilt I made for my niece. It had 72 cat blocks and each of them had triangles for the ears and I discovered I'm terrible at sewing triangles properly, so about 70 of the kitties ended up looking like they'd lost part of their ears in a fight because I lost so many points! I also got sick and I was in a time crunch trying to finish it before Christmas and I kept making really really DUMB mistakes and having to re-do a lot. I was SO GLAD when I put the final stitch into that quilt!!
    Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 AM

I have found that every quilt, no matter how perfect, no matter how imperfect has been my favorite. Each one of them has a part of me in it and I have a special memory of each and every quilt that I have made, whether I have given them away, donated them, or given them as gift -- or keeping them myself. My husband liked the stories of each quilt and we would sit and I would explain the blocks to him. God, how I miss him.

I keep making them, loving them with all my heart. I don't like doing the last stitch because I know it is over. I bond with each and every quilt. But, while I am sewing on one, I am planning for the next. That is the fun of quilting. When it isn't fun anymore, I am done. I don't anticipate that for a mighty long time.

Edie