Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your solution? I Need a tool caddy for the side of my sewing table

Blog Entries
    cute idea, similiar to what I was thinking with placemats, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Here's a style that I like - I have a store bought one similar to this....

http://homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/745300/

Could you add an extension piece to the one that you have to reach under the sewing machine. That way it wouldn't slide off.

bj
    I use one of those caddies you see at Target and places like that that is for picnic tables. It's supposed to hold paper plates and utensils. I put my small rulers and things in the plate slot and my scissors, unsewers, rotary cutters, and odds and ends in the places for cutlery. It really works well. I also have a snippet bag, but I put the beanbag/pincushion in the drawer and let the bag hang over the side. I don't use the bean bag as a pincushion.

I just bought a divided wooded tray at the thrift store
    (15" x 21"). Haven't moved my stuff to it yet, but it has nice compartments and a handle on each side. Will fit on the table beside my machine. I think I'll put some of that rubber shelf stuff in it too.

I use a divided basket. It has 3 sections in the front and one large section in the back. I put sippy cups in the small
    sections so my tools don't fall into the bottom. I use the back section for my small rulers. It measures about 6 1/2 x 10 x 5 1/2. It's the perfect size for for my sewing area.

I just got my sewing area set up and bought a couple of sets of plastic drawers on wheels that fits under my table. It's actually meant for kids toys..lol. I just roll that out and have it next to me when I sew. There's a bit of room on the top of the drawers and I blu-tacked a cutlery drawer insert onto it and it's great for keeping unpickers in and extra sewing machine feet etc. I don't lose them on my sewing table that way and they are close at hand

Quote Originally Posted by trugger
    Hi Everyone -
    I currently have a little contraption that has a pincushion weight that sits on the edge of my sewing table and has a little bag hanging off the edge.
    There's one big section (that i put cut threads in) and a few smaller pockets that I put a pen and a stitch ripper in.

The problem - it keeps falling off!

Has anyone a better solution?
    Anyone make a tool caddy for the sewing table?
    I have on of those too. It kept falling off. I went to the dollar store and got some of that rubbery shelf or drawer liner, cut a piece just a little smaller than the bottom of the weighted pincushion section, and, because I was in a hurry, just pinned it with 2 flower pins, one on each end. Doesn't fall off now. One of these days, I will sew it on permanently. :-)

Blog Entries
    Get some of that non slip stuff you use in your kitchen drawers and sew a square to the bottom of your pincushion/weight. It worked for me.

That must be the problem! I thought it was odd that nothing else fell off the table... and I didn't put too much weight in the little dividers!
    I will get some no-slip stuff!

Thanks to everyone!

I have the sew perfect table and considered this
    http://www.sewperfecttables.com/sewi...es.shtml#pouch
    but then i thought... I have 4 sewing machines... I should be able to make THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by trugger
    I have the sew perfect table and considered this
    http://www.sewperfecttables.com/sewi...es.shtml#pouch
    but then i thought... I have 4 sewing machines... I should be able to make THAT!
    Absolutely! Don't forget the pics! 8-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast