Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what's your solution? I Need a tool caddy for the side of my sewing table

So I take it that not many people have a sewing cabinet that your machine sits on? It has drawers all down one side? The top drawer is where I put all my smaller sewing notions, divided up in a silverware tray. It works great!

Everyone - Thanks for all the tips...
    I am trying some adhesive velcro on the bottom of this thing.
    Once I get my newest fabric cabinet in my sewing room, I'll photograph everything.

I loved the drawers in my sewing machine cabinet, still have lots of goodies in them. However my lighting is just the 'chandelier' over the dining room table, so when I got my portable sewing machine I just set it up on the end of the dining room table in order to see what I was doing better. I also have one of the pocket organizer things that hangs up (like the closet shoe or jewelry organizer) near my machine and ironing board.

How about a large coffee mug? They are heavy and won't tip. Plenty of room for a few necessary items while you sew.
    Set a small trash can on the floor to toss in the threads.
    I use them even in my drawers for safety pins and misc. items.
    like sewing machine needles. This way my drawers are always organized.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dar627742
    Quote Originally Posted by trugger
    Hi Everyone -
    I currently have a little contraption that has a pincushion weight that sits on the edge of my sewing table and has a little bag hanging off the edge.
    There's one big section (that i put cut threads in) and a few smaller pockets that I put a pen and a stitch ripper in.

The problem - it keeps falling off!

Has anyone a better solution?
    Anyone make a tool caddy for the sewing table?
    how about a strip of velcro on table &bottom of pincushion ?
    That's what I was gonna say....I want to make one of these pincushion/bag. I think I like the idea better with the non-slip shelf on the bottom instead so that you can move it around from your sewing table to the kitchen table like I have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    I've thought about making something similar to this but attaching it to a chair cushion so when I go on quilting retreats its all handy and I have a little more cushion for my backside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2