Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When the binding on a soft-cover book breaks

Blog Entries
    ..and you end up with single pages all over the place, you can get it spiral bound. I use the "It's OK ..." book A LOT and it came apart at the seams so I took it to Kinco's and for $7 (icluding a clear cover) I had a usable book again. Another benefit of the spiral binding is that I can fold the book in half which is a space saver.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! I always thought that they would charge way more than that!!! I assume they charge per page? Thanks for posting this :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    That is a good deal ! Wonder if they all charge the same , I have several I want to get done, but thought it was WAY more expensive. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

I several of my DH's and DS's music books done several years ago and I think I paid around $5.00 at that time and it does make the books so much more user friendly

Power Poster
    Good to know!

By the way, that is a GREAT book! In fact, I like the "first" one better, than the "revised" one.

Thanks for sharing

Blog Entries
    I think the charge is for the size of the spiral. Plus, I opted to have a clear plastic cover added. Bear, I feel that way about the Quilts!Quilts!Quilts! book - glad I have the original one. Never saw the original of the It's OK but this one came in REAL handy during the Boomeran Swap.

Power Poster
    I agree - the Quilts! Quilts! Quilts! (first version) is great. I think if I could have only one book, that would be it.

The reason I like the first version better is that they used fewer fabrics in the quilts - and for a beginner, I think that is a good/better thing.

Another thing you can do is have the spine of the book cut off (which removes all of the glue holding the pages together) and have it "drilled" for 3 holes, then put it in a 3-ring binder.

Pam
    I have that same book, it is OLD. It shows cutting with scissors, not rotary cutter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast