Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where can I find this pattern?

Where can I find this pattern?

My daughter sent me a link to this quilt; I think it is a not so subtle hint she would like me to make it for her! It is a great quilt but I would certainly need the pattern. It is about the 11th quilt down. It appears to be a variation of Carpenter's Wheel but not made with HSTs. Thanks for any help.

http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/201...eason.html?m=1

It's from Quick Star Quilts & Beyond by Jan Krentz.
    http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Star-Qui.../dp/1571205101

Wow, that was fast. Thanks so much, EasyPeezy; now I have no excuse for not making it, I suppose. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    I would make it with HSTs. Much less frustration.
    Got fabric?

I really like that variation on Carpenter's Wheel. The color placement is wonderful. I don't think you can duplicate it with HST's.

I agree with both of you - HSTs would be easier but the color placement and the triangle shapes are what caught my eye and I don't think HSTs would look quite like that. I must buy the book. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunQuilts View Post
    My daughter sent me a link to this quilt; I think it is a not so subtle hint she would like me to make it for her! It is a great quilt but I would certainly need the pattern. It is about the 11th quilt down. It appears to be a variation of Carpenter's Wheel but not made with HSTs. Thanks for any help.

http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/201...eason.html?m=1

It is made using 2 strips of fabric colors sewn together-a light and dark color match, as the "Rainbow II" is a split diamond pattern. Then diamonds are cut out of the strips using a 45 degree diamond ruler. I don't think you really have to have a diamond ruler, there are so many talented quilters on here who could figure it out! Carpenters wheel can be done similar, except using a strip of fabric and cutting out the diamonds instead of using HST's. Every now and then I take out my Quick Star Quilts and Beyond book and look it over. So many wonderful patterns inside. This is another one on my list to do this year.

Look up the book on Amazon.com and you can peek inside it!

Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
    It is made using 2 strips of fabric colors sewn together-a light and dark color match, as the "Rainbow II" is a split diamond pattern. Then diamonds are cut out of the strips using a 45 degree diamond ruler. I don't think you really have to have a diamond ruler, there are so many talented quilters on here who could figure it out! Carpenters wheel can be done similar, except using a strip of fabric and cutting out the diamonds instead of using HST's. Every now and then I take out my Quick Star Quilts and Beyond book and look it over. So many wonderful patterns inside. This is another one on my list to do this year.

Look up the book on Amazon.com and you can peek inside it!
    The strip sets are sewn both sides to make a tube. That way you can cut 4 diamonds from each strip set. Line up the center of your 45degree diamond template with the stitched seam on each side of the tube.

oh wow.. I love the house one.. anyone have any idea about that pattern?
    Don't do to others what you do NOT want done to yourself

That's a beautiful quilt!! Lucky daughter, be sure to post pictures!!
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain