Where should I start??

Where should I start??

Old 06-13-2014, 06:27 PM

You bet me to it lol

Originally Posted by stillclock View Post
at the beginning.

aileen, feeling helpful!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:12 PM

Is there a project with a deadline? If not, make a list of what you would like to do. Then decide what you would MOST like to do from the list. Start with that and go from there. I am good at knowing what to do, but doing it is another story. I just purchased material for two more quilts when I have about 20 in totes and bags. The fabric from the first projects may be moldy as I take out after these more recent purchases.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:53 AM

Affairs of the heart. I am on block 25 I did enlarge mine to make a quilt. just Google an see how others used different colors.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:41 AM

It sounds like you're in the same dilemma that I was in a couple of years ago. I had several (lets say 8) quilts that I had started and a couple I really was dying to do. So, 10 quilts..... hmmmm... I wrote numbers 1-10 on small sticky notes and had my DH put a number on each quilt.... he assigned the 2 I hadn't started as well. Then I put the same numbers in a jar and drew them out, one at a time. I wrote down the order and started working. I have to admit, I did switch one number.... couldn't work on that quilt at the time.... it just had to wait. So now, all but one of the quilts are done. I'm working on 3 quilts right now that are gifts for my last great nephews..... (15 in all) and then I have that one last quilt to finish. I have to bargain with myself sometimes.... it worked for me. Good luck with your method of finishing your quilts.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:15 AM

Cut out the parts for both then you can work on whichever takes your fancy each time you sit down to sew.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:25 AM

Often when I end up with a couple pattern books at the same time I will test drive a concept with a smaller project like table runners or baby quilt. This helps me zero in on the major projects and builds up my gifts on hand stash. It also helps use up some of the leftover fabric from other projects. One book I even ended up making a sampler quilt out of many of the blocks in it but haven't done any of the full quilts yet.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:55 AM

Definitely, positively, both!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by quilts4charity View Post
Start one from both....I often work on 2 projects at once these days, as a matter of fact I have about a dozen going right now.....

Girl after my own heart. I get so excited to start something new that I see....I have trouble finishing anything. I have 4 hanging in my closet waiting for the binding (my least favorite thing to do) and one waiting for quilting and binding. I'm currently working on the Falling Charms quilt.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:32 AM

I have the blocks to diamonds book and have been trying to decide which one to make. I have a couple of UFO's I am making myself finish before I start anything new. Like the quilt I gave my DD and SIL for Christmas. They got a bag of fabric and a promise that it would be finished before they need it in the fall. All I need to do on that one is iron the backing and get some batting. I and going to take it to the longarmer. I have a mystery quilt that has been needing a border for 3 years, and a wall hanging that needs a sleeve. Then I can start something new.
I vote for starting both projects. I think the applique would get a little bit tedious and you might need a break. I love them both and look forward to seeing them.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Get an appliqué block ready and also what you need for the blocks to diamonds. In my house, I sew when DH is preoccupied. When he wants me to sit and watch a show...out come the hand work!