Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who? What?: Brother Dreamweaver >

Who? What?: Brother Dreamweaver

Who? What?: Brother Dreamweaver

Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 AM

Default Who? What?: Brother Dreamweaver

Omg--whoever Has this amazing machine please SPEAK UP! Please tell us if it is as amazing as it looks for REAL sewing. Does it sew over bulk without a hump jumper? Do multi-hoop embroidery designs line up easily. Does it accept any type/brand of thread? Is the laser pen really helpful? Is it RELIABLE?

Finally what don't you like about it (besides the screws on the needle plate...lol)? I'm REALLY excited about this machine and I'm sure others are also. ;-)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Sorry, I'm a Bernina girl.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:25 PM

I would like yo hear about this machine as well......anyone?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:46 PM

I believe Dolphyngirl has one. http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...yrl-u5103.html
Old 04-03-2014, 04:36 PM

AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOMe, had mine for over a year and a half and its sews through 10 layers of thick material for sure, no hump jumper needed all you need is this awesome thing called a muvit foot. I have used the pen more than the laser, i have found it useful for positioning where you want your needle, where you want your laser, where you want your embrodery, where you want stitching to stop. I love it. I haven't done multihoop designs yet but I know the alignment marks are capable in the machine with the border hoop function. I have sewn with gutterman, superior, YLI, aurifil, madeira, threadart, signature, sulky, really it takes any thread, not at all picky. Mine has been problem free for a year and a half. Really you won't be disappointed. It is as amazing as it looks for sewing and embroidery. the heft of the machine is all I don't like. It is a tremendous pain to transport so if you think you will be using it as a class machine or taking it somewhere very often think not. It weighs a ton and when I say a ton I mean a ton. I dread just taking it in for cleaning just at the thought of having to move the beast, made my espire look like a featherweight. Other than that it is solid. Me personally I still don't get the gripes about the screws I can count on one hand how many times I may unscrew in a year, the bobbin plate pops off so unless something is caught in the feed dogs there is no need to remove plates very often
Old 04-04-2014, 02:13 AM

My friend has one and just loves it. She can't stop talking about it. Her favorite part is the laser. She is starting to have eye problems and this really helps her. She has not had any problems with it. I have the Quattro and love it. I'm a Brothets girls.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:15 AM

I have a DreamCreator, which doesn't have the laser, but I love it like it's my child. LOL It's the first truly new machine I've ever bought (other machines were used or used at shows), and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've only had it a few weeks, but no problems, and if it's like the other three Brothers I've owned, it will sew perfectly for many years to come. I personally think Brother machines do the best embroidery ...
Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM

I love my Brother DreamWeaver....I didn't get the one with the embroidery option because I already have a stand alone embroidery machine. Yes, it's heavy, but I'll take it with me to classes and retreats anyway, because Ireally enjoy using it! Just put it in the roller carrier and off we go.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:05 AM

If you have a very heavy machine there are little carts you can buy with wheels to put them on and tow them around. I use a couple of small stretchy cords to hold the machine in place. If you have a sturdy case for your machine you can pile other stuff on top and get it all in one load.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:19 AM

I love my sister's Dreamweaver from afar. I took her to her first quilt expo and she repaid me by buying my dream machine for herself. I then had to teach her to use it - as much as I could. It is as wonderful as everyone says. And whisper quiet - I hate a loud machine.