Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is your favorite "sew"lebrity? >

Who is your favorite "sew"lebrity?

Who is your favorite "sew"lebrity?

Old 09-08-2016, 02:27 PM

Hey there Mark, (RemarkableQuilts), I followed your link and you have some very amazing quilts there. Now as far as male quilters go the two that come to my mind are Tim Latimer and Mark Lipinski. I follow Tim's blog because I just love his hand quilting.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Banned

I have to admit that although I like a lot of the people already mentioned, not too many really hold my interest because I like to my own thing most of the time. Bonnie Hunter and Megan Dougherty(The B*tchy Stitcher) are my favorites.

Cari
Old 09-08-2016, 05:29 PM

I just discovered that Jenny Doan is left-handed, so she's my new hero :-). (She rotary cuts left-handed, a clear sign.) I also appreciate Marti Michell's dedication to addressing left-handers in her instructions, so she is also my fave. It is important to me that some celebrity quilters understand the challenges we lefties face ;-).

Jenny is just plain fun. The more that I use Marti's tools, the more I crave a more generalized approach. I find her templates and some of her rulers a little too custom. However, she has helped me think differently, so her tools and techniques are valuable.

Mark I love your quilts, although I've never heard of you before. I'm looking forward to learning more about them.

Last edited by TeresaA; 09-08-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:42 AM

Really don't have a favorite... Altho I love to PP... Carol Doak's patterns.
Speaking of man quilters-- Rob Appell - mansewing.com. I got a skateboard pattern from him since DGS #2 loves skateboarding & goes to a park every chance he can. So I'm thankful to God for watching over him in not getting any broken bones! Some of his videos- my, oh, my.... scary.

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Yep, Ricky Tims and Joe Cunningham and Kaffee Fassett were a few of the man quilters named earlier in this thread. Thanks for the link, will check it out. Welcome to QB from another quilting guy.

Rob
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Old 09-10-2016, 12:01 PM

Jenny Doan is my favorite, but I just took a freebie class from Paula Reid which I really enjoyed. When I first started quilting everyone suggested following Eleanor Burns but I can't take listening to her after about 5 minutes.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by RemarkableQuilts View Post
Does anybody here like a man quilter? I am Mark Sherman, I don't know if you have checked my work before. But I hope you would. www.remarkablequilts.com
Hate to reveal my ignorance, but never heard about you. So I went to your site and the quilts are lovely. Be checking in now.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by RemarkableQuilts View Post
Does anybody here like a man quilter? I am Mark Sherman, I don't know if you have checked my work before. But I hope you would. www.remarkablequilts.com
I just took a quick look at your site. I will be exploring it further....
Old 09-10-2016, 04:40 PM

There are quite a few of these favorite quilters that I've not heard of so will look them up & see their work. It's always good to find out about new (to me) quilters/teachers/artists.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:43 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Tula Pink is my favourite and I would have loved to have seen her when she came to Australia but it was way over on the other side of Australia so i couldn't go.
Buuut.. I am so excited, as next year Sophie Standing is coming here to my side of the country and I ..yes little old me..will be taking a class from her..can't wait!