Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you paper piece?

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    of course, the miniturazation and the accuracy are the reasons to do it....but it is way too slow for me... i have never done it since i learned how.... after about a half a block, i run screaming to my rotary cutter and strip ruler and start quilting.... lol.... you have to do what is fun for you....

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    Certain levels of piecing can ONLY be acheivied with PP. Go here to see what I am talking about
    http://www.silverliningsoriginals.com/

These designs are ALL PP. No applique involved.
    Accuracy, precision, points as sharp as daggers and peicing that simply can not be done any other way are all reasons to "specifically" PP.
    Thanks for posting this link!!! These patterns are gorgeous! And "e-patterns" too, can't get much better than that.
    Linda

INTEGRITY ~ Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

Like these...........
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I am currently doing a pp project. My Mom gave me a pattern to make for her. The pieces where very hard to cut and sew together so I went online and found a pp pattern that is the exact same block. Saves me a lot work.

For me it is accuracy and I don't have to worry about making a good 1/4" seam and I don't have to cut perfect pieces out to sew together. Just easier that way.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

I like it for stars, as it produces nice sharp points.
    Betsy in MA

Blog Entries
    Paper piecing has allowed me to take my skill level much higher in a short time. Perfect results every time.

Check out Carol Doak sites and also http://www.reginagrewe.de/. Paper piecing is also a great way to use up those little scraps and pieces of strings. I keep a pile of freezer paper foundations near my sewing machine: when I feel like just "doing s-g" I can whip up a few PP log cabins or string blocks. I fold the paper, not stitch through it so the foundations can be used many times. I've made 3 quilts like this and soon have enough blocks for another without really noticing it!

more intricate points than you can with regular piecing

Blog Entries
    Accuracy and nice sharp points that match up!! Hard as I try, I cannot for the life of me make a straight log cabin block without it being paper pieced! I can start with perfectly cut strips and I sew with a perfect 1/4" seam (well, I think it is perfect!) and the darn thing will always come out wonky and skewed.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast