Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP's and a SINCERE apology

Banned
    When I first started on this board back in December I thought what the heck is a WIP - and then someone explained it to me....then I thought "how on earth can you have more than one project at a time going on" - just finish the one you were working on before moving to the next.

Well....I currently have 7 WIP's...in various forms and stages and abandonded for various reason - I need binding...I need a strap for the tote bag; I ran out of that color thread; I got bored.....

So here it is I'M SORRY....I'm sorry for silently chastising all of you for your WIP's and thinking you were crazy for not finishing what you started before you began something else. I'M SORRY....I have officially joined the ranks of WIP Woman!!! (in more ways than one!) :lol:

LOL join the ranks of true quilters!

Hello and welcome. When I started quilting I would finish each project too. Now there are WIP and UFOs everywhere. Sigh.

Lol I have one I started on 24 years ago king size all hand pieced and put together most of the quilting is done but I put it away and forget about it because I have so much trouble threading the eye of the needle just can't see that tiny eye any more.

I think one of the reasons for WIP is the excitement of discovering another quilt pattern you saw and want to make or a quilt design we dreamed up or a piece of fabric that just has to be made up NOW, or the gift you have to create in just a week or so...the reasons are many. I have 7 quilt tops done, but not layered for quilting yet because they are not designated for anyone yet. I am working on a civil war quilt and a baby quilt at the same time...just praying I get them both done in time. I fight going on to another project before finishing the one I am working on, but I lose the battle at times. Oh, how we love our art form, don't we?

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    it keeps us entertained each day :) I think each project can be a "bright shiny object" on any given day (today pink/black is what my mind wanted, so my pink/black project was my bright-shiny, tomorrow will probably be red-white-blue) Welcome to the club!!!

Blog Entries
    I said the same thing when I first started quilting! :lol: I think having WIP, UFO's, PIGS, etc is a prerequisite here!!

Blog Entries
    I'm starting to join the crowd of WIPers, too. With me it's time constraints. I put aside the ones with no deadline to keep the others with deadlines on track.

I saw some needles on TV tonight that threaded without having to find the hole. I wish they'd make for the sewing machine.

OK, I think I have had WIP's and UFO's almost since I started, but this year I vow to finish some. So far 1 done, 1 almost(wallhanging needs a sleeve) and 1 that just needs binding (finished quilting today). If I can finish just one between each new project, I think I can get about 1/2 of them done this year. I may have a lot to donate to charity because I've lost interest in them or don't know what I was thinking when I started some, but I will finish them. Then I will have more room for stash, or just to move around in my sewing room.

Now that it is in writing, it will have to be done.LOL

Blog Entries
    I am WIPped too :D:D:D

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast