Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WooHoo! I got a new machine! >

WooHoo! I got a new machine!

WooHoo! I got a new machine!

Old 03-21-2015, 04:38 PM

congrats on your new sewing baby..... I wish you both many happy sewing hours together!

hugs

Caroline
Old 03-22-2015, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
I first want to thank all the ladies that sent in replies to all my question about the 8900 Janome, there we're very helpful but you guys are going to shake your head when you hear this.. LOL

After going to two different dealers and looking at the Janome 8900 and sewing on it , I decided to go to one more dealer, this one was 72 mile from our house and after speaking to the dealer on the phone I really liked her and felt good about this dealer. When we got there and was looking around I notice she also sold Brother machines, I ask which was the better machine, she said they were both great machines the 8900 Janome and the DreamCreator VQ2400 Brother. The brother had a few things that were a little different on it then the Janome. One thing that I really notice was the light on the Brother it was so bright, now the Janome had a good light too but the Brothers was brighter. I also liked the walking foot with it's own motor in it and a few other things and seem it is very user friendly..

Well make a long story short, I bought the Brother V series VQ2400..I paid 2699.00 and they gave me the extension table for half price and boy is it big 25 wide x 16 deep, the Janome 8900 was 2299.00 and that one came with the table... but I really like the Brother and am happy that I got it, just hope I have good luck with it...

Again thanks to everyone that helped me decide which machine to buy..
Congrats to you...Enjoy your new machine...
Old 03-25-2015, 05:17 PM

I came upon this website as I was goggling information about a new sewing machine. I loved reading all of the comments Jamone 8900 vs Brother 2400 because I too am trying decide which of these machines to purchase. I currently own 2 different Jamone machines and absolutely love both of them but find that I would like the 11 inch workspace. The I went to the local dealer recently that carries both Brother and Jamone. Unfortunately she did not have the Jamone in stock and I was only able to see the Brother. I plan to go to another dealer to play with the Jamone before making a decision. The questions I have are 1- does the walking foot, open toe appliqué foot and 1/4 inch foot come with either the 8900 or 2400 ? The dealer showed me where the Brother machine does a stipple stitch. It also allows you to do a partial design as you turn a corner. Does the 8900 have both of those features and does it let you know before your bobbin runs out? I was amazed at the broad price differences I have found for the 2400. I have so many bobbins for my Jamone machines that I kinda hope I like the 8900 better....silly isn't it? Thanks for information you can give me.