Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Would you please show me?

Here (if the pic loads!) are a couple samples of some I have made this year. The one on the right I sandwiched with the backing and batting and thus, assembled and quilted in one step. I put binding on after I took the photo. Hope it shows up!Name:  Christmas Placemats.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  1.64 MB

Did you try www.tipnut.com They usually have things like placemats.

Jill

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    how adorable !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Placemats are adorable. My daughter in law up here in TN was all excited when I showed them to her she is just learning how to quilt and knew she would be able to complete several of these.

Thanks for all the suggestions and pictures. I have looked at everything that is posted and I think I have it figured out. Unless something catches my eye. Seems to take me forever to make up my mind. :O)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jothesewer View Post
    I make placemats using two fabrics face together with batting on one top. I stitch around the placemat leaving an opening to turn. Turn right sides out but make sure you use a tool to get the corners out properly, then hand stitch the opening closed. Top stitch about 1/2 from the edge around the placemat, I then do some kind of quilting. Works great and is simple.
    Jo
    Thanks for posting this. Sounds like what I need to do to make some everyday placemats.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4