Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW -- Did I hit the Jackpot??

I've been making Quilts for Kids along with my quilt guild. We just finished 24 which I delivered to them 2 weeks ago. As a good public relations story, I contacted our local newspaper and they interviewed me and printed a great story, with color photo, of the quilts we made. They also listed info for Quilts for Kids and my e-mail address.
    Well in the afternoon of the article appearing in the paper -- I received several e-mails. One was from a Fabric Designer, who unbeknownst to me, lives a short distance from me. She donated all of her 2 yard samples that the fabric company sends her to me for future Quilts for Kids. Three plastic tubs full -- how awesome!!! Now to get off this quilting board and get sewing!

Blog Entries
    sew terrific!!!!!! do you have a link to the newspaper article? i'd love to see some of the pics of the quilts if you took pics.

Quote Originally Posted by liese
    I've been making Quilts for Kids along with my quilt guild. We just finished 24 which I delivered to them 2 weeks ago. As a good public relations story, I contacted our local newspaper and they interviewed me and printed a great story, with color photo, of the quilts we made. They also listed info for Quilts for Kids and my e-mail address.
    Well in the afternoon of the article appearing in the paper -- I received several e-mails. One was from a Fabric Designer, who unbeknownst to me, lives a short distance from me. She donated all of her 2 yard samples that the fabric company sends her to me for future Quilts for Kids. Three plastic tubs full -- how awesome!!! Now to get off this quilting board and get sewing!
    where are you located in upstate ny? I am in syracuse.

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    liese..what a generous gift from the designer. and what a generous person you are for doing the charity quilts!! BUT you should have posted a link for us to all look at...
    Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b

I'll see if I can send the link -- I'm in Sullivan County, NY!

Was it in The Record?

Yes -- TH-R online 9/1/2011 -- Trying to send the link

Thats just a wonderful thing for the designer to do for the kids and you. It is always better to give than recieve I believe in this and Karma. I do hope you'll post pics of the fabrics and then the quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by liese
    Yes -- TH-R online 9/1/2011 -- Trying to send the link
    wow, I never heard of Monticello...you must be close to NYC?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast