Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wow, wished I had the money,,,,, >

Wow, wished I had the money,,,,,

Wow, wished I had the money,,,,,

Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 PM

:-D :-D :-D They cancelled my cardiac rehab today so I went out and walked for 3 hours. I stopped and looked in an antique store for kicks and they have the cutest little feather weight there in the box with all the attachment , bobbins and the manual and foot pedal and such. Now I see what all the fuss is about. It even had a can of oil! A little cleaning and polishing and it would be a beautiful machine. First time I've seen one up close. They wanted $250 for it. Grrrr I never have that kind of monet to spend, but maybe my turn will come one of these days. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM

One of these days, I'll get one too.....
Old 05-27-2011, 02:20 PM

I haven't personally ever seen one myself either. :)
Old 05-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

I hope another one comes your way more in your price range.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Last summer I went to a garage sale and saw one sitting on the ground with the end of the cord cut off. When I asked one of the sellers "How Much!", he went and asked someone else. She said, "NO, that is a mistake, that is NOT for sale!". I was so disappointed!

Two weeks later we were going for a drive and saw a neighborhood garage sale that I didn't even know about. You can see the main street from my backyard. Anyhow, the second house I went to I asked if they had any sewing items. The woman said "just a few things over there". But a gentleman heard me and said "Are you interested in sewing machines?" I looked at my husband as in the past few months I had picked up 5 vintage machines. Then the man said "I have one this size and held out his hands, do you want to see it?" I told him "Sure", knowing that it had to be a Featherweight. I looked at my husband and he told me he only had $50.00 on him. When the guy came up it was a beauty. I asked how much and he asked what I'd give and I told him $50.00. Needless to say, Priscilla is my prize! I love her.

Anyway, when you least expect it you'll come up with one also. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
:-D :-D :-D They cancelled my cardiac rehab today so I went out and walked for 3 hours. I stopped and looked in an antique store for kicks and they have the cutest little feather weight there in the box with all the attachment , bobbins and the manual and foot pedal and such. Now I see what all the fuss is about. It even had a can of oil! A little cleaning and polishing and it would be a beautiful machine. First time I've seen one up close. They wanted $250 for it. Grrrr I never have that kind of monet to spend, but maybe my turn will come one of these days. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Maybe the store has a lay-away you could use. Just a thought.