View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 05:04 PM
no1jan

Last summer I went to a garage sale and saw one sitting on the ground with the end of the cord cut off. When I asked one of the sellers "How Much!", he went and asked someone else. She said, "NO, that is a mistake, that is NOT for sale!". I was so disappointed!

Two weeks later we were going for a drive and saw a neighborhood garage sale that I didn't even know about. You can see the main street from my backyard. Anyhow, the second house I went to I asked if they had any sewing items. The woman said "just a few things over there". But a gentleman heard me and said "Are you interested in sewing machines?" I looked at my husband as in the past few months I had picked up 5 vintage machines. Then the man said "I have one this size and held out his hands, do you want to see it?" I told him "Sure", knowing that it had to be a Featherweight. I looked at my husband and he told me he only had $50.00 on him. When the guy came up it was a beauty. I asked how much and he asked what I'd give and I told him $50.00. Needless to say, Priscilla is my prize! I love her.

Anyway, when you least expect it you'll come up with one also. Good luck!