Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong ....?

Is it wrong ....?

Is it wrong that when I see my husband's freshly laundered shirts hanging there my first thought is: wow, that fabric would make a great quilt! I'm trying not to buy fabric, need a quilt for a boy high school grad, and picture strips of denim blue alternating with bricks of that shirt fabric. I'm not sure he'd even notice - the dear man never gets rid of anything and his closet is stuffed with shirts!

Backing away from the shirts ........
    So many quilts, so little time.

You are so right, that would be so tempting!!!!

Blog Entries
    look for ones that have ragged collars or cuffs and use those! he'll probably never notice.

Why not ask him if you can use it and tell him you will replace it with a new shirt. If it is not one of his favorites he might just tell you to go ahead and use it.

Banned
    It is called "re purpose"

Blog Entries
    I just finished cutting up 6 of my husbands - he loves it...now he can go get a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
    Is it wrong that when I see my husband's freshly laundered shirts hanging there my first thought is: wow, that fabric would make a great quilt! I'm trying not to buy fabric, need a quilt for a boy high school grad, and picture strips of denim blue alternating with bricks of that shirt fabric. I'm not sure he'd even notice - the dear man never gets rid of anything and his closet is stuffed with shirts!

Backing away from the shirts ........

Yep, a quilt I just finished quilting has scraps of my hubby's shirt in it....LOL...I guess we all think that way!!!!

I would use new fabric or shirts and just let him keep wearing the old ones. Old shirts will not last as long as new fabric.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I used flannel shirts in a rag quilt, and am waiting until I finish a major project to take apart shirts I have in a bag from my dad. I can't wait to use them. They will be put in a speicial quilt, as my dad passed away three years ago..

I have thought those thoughts about different pieces of clothing, and have used different old shirts, dresses and the like when they are past repair.
    People may not remember what you said to them, but they will remember how you made them feel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast