Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yard Sale Find - What to use it for?

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    get some 'S' hooks and use like a peg board on the outside of the two sides...inside still available for fabric...

I have a similar shelf in my sewing area. I placed a radio for MY listening, other shelves are projects waiting to be completed.

I have the same rack I also purchased at a yard sale. Mines is four shelves tall and three shelves wide. I have mines in the closet in my sewing room with fabric on it.

Blog Entries
    Myself, I would lay it on its side and use it for fabric, paint a board the length of the rack width on its side and put my books on top along with some baskets with thread, rulers, and templates.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Found this wire rack at a yard sale for $3.00. (Score!) Love it for my sewing room. Now ... how can I best put this to good use?
    Magazine, book and pattern rack.
    I'd not put fabric in it until I was sure it wasn't going to rust.

On second thought-----------how about some baskets to fill with the stuff you need to move around a lot, like sewing notions?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

OH MY! I love these things! I have them under my cutting table in the sewing room and in the closet in the long arm room! ( I got a room everytime a kid moved out..but I'm done with rooms, not the last kid!) The ones in the sewing room have those plastic crates in them. I have strips in one, pulled projects in one, big pieces for backing. I even have a shelf on one for smaller containers. I have them in white and in colors from the kids area! Oh..and I have a couple cubes in the family room for my son's sports equipment!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Power Poster
    Deemail suggested S hooks. I would use those or metal shower hooks to hang my rulers on the outside. You could put your fabric on the boards cut to the bin size for storing your fabic. You could also run dowel through two squares on either side of a bin for storing ribbon reels? You could glue spools on the outside end of the dowels to keep them in place. You could also place it laying flat on the floor for magazine storage or along the shelf in a closet for fabric storage?

All great ideas. I even ordered replacement corner pieces for the wire squares I got with no connections. The company was easy to deal with and sent the replacement parts right away.

I think fabric because of the size of the cube maybe even kits if you buy them. Looks like a great find. Have fun filling it up. Sue

Well since I use fleece for backing most of my quilts, I buy lots of rolled fleece remnants of 1-2 yards. This would make a perfect place to store rolls of fleece until they are needed for backing a quilt.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast