Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow brick road?

Hello,
    I am new to the forum. I just joined today! I have been reading the messages for a while and feel like this is a very friendly and helpful forum.
    I am interested in doing the Yellow brick road quilt and wondering if those
    who have done it have any suggestions especially as to color since that is one of the things I struggle with. I am ordering the pattern but the back just lists the fabric requirements I think. I will pick a theme fabric and then go from there, but how many different colors does one choose. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Joan

Hi Joan.
    I've never made a yellow brick road quilt but just wanted to say welcome aboard. :D :D

I have made many of them.

Just can't seem to find the pictures at the moment.
    I used it mainly to do quilts for kids.

I haven't done one either, but I've seen lots of them. Find a fabric you love and then pull other fabrics that are within it. Welcome to the board--people here are very friendly!

Hi Joan, I have made several Yellow Brick Road quilts and I think you can put as many colors or shades of colors as you would like...Where do you live in Alaska?...I am from Anchorage..Welcome to a wonderful quilting group...

I've just gotten the number of fat quarters it calls for, but usually use a theme when I get them.

Hi Joan, Welcome! I've made quite a few Yellow Brick Road quilts, you can
    use as many or little fabrics with this design. Great choice for a beginning
    quilt as you can't go wrong with it! Good Luck! You now know where to look
    if you need help. :roll:

Hi Joan Welcome
    I have made two of them, will post pics when I get home from work. The number of different fabrics/colors is completely up to you. My first I only used four or five different fabrics, the second I used a collection of approximately 20 different fats. In fact I have the blocks done, but haven't sewn them together. I might just do that this evening for you :)
    This is a great quilt if you are beginning. The first time I made the quilt I did make some of the blocks backwards but it came out ok.

Hi and welcome to the board.
    I have never made one but I am sure as you can tell that there are very helpful people on this board to help with your quilt.
    Good luck and post some pics.
    Kirsten

Thanks to all for your wonderful replies. I have been quilting for a while, and wanted to do the YBR because it is easy. But as I mentioned I struggle with color choices because I have bought some fabrics which I at first really liked but then when I began to put the blocks together it didn't look good at all. This has happaned so many times that I have gotten discouraged. But I still keep trying.
    Thanks again.
    Joan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast