Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Are you......

undercover I would never tell someone I didn 't like there quilt

I would not say "I don't like it" but if asked for an honest opinion I might say "It might have had more oomph with more contrast in colours" or if asked for advice on how to make it better I would gently suggest. Or mention that this is the way I handled something in the past. (Only if asked for the advice though).

Sometimes I think something negative but I would never speak it. Who am I to judge what someone else likes.

We all know how much effort goes into making a quilt so there has to be some redeeming quality in the person's work.

I can, and do, always appreciate the labor that goes into any work of art, and that is what a quilt is. It might not be my style or my choice, but it is beautiful in it's own right - just like people!

If asked for advice I would give my best and honest suggestions. I think anything else is an insult to the person who asked. But I would word it as only my opinion. However, if someone is not asking and just sharing their creation I would never be negative. I would be quiet or find something nice to say. Might only be an acknowledgement of the work put into the quilt if I really couldn't find anything else nice to say.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8