Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 06-26-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Onalee, under a person's avatar and username on the left there is a feedback score (bottom line). Click on the number and it opens to their feedback page. On the very right there is a blue highlighted link to "leave feedback for ___" . That is where you can leave your feedback.

ETA: Oops, sorry... didn't see that Jaba had already given you this info. Sometimes posts hide from me!
Ahh Sewbizgirl, you're a sweetheart to take the time to help me and I thank you too!!!! (((Hugs)))
Old 06-26-2016, 09:00 PM

WUMTeach, can hardly wait to see your quilt pic! Way to go!
hugs,
dj
Old 06-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Hello Birthday Buddies! Do any of you get JoAnn's text notices? Today I got one that said I could get any Craftsy class for free. I went and looked and ended up enrolling in Pepper Cory's Scrap Quilting class. She is a friend of Bonnie Hunter... I really like her. I'm going to enjoy her class. If you don't already get the texts from JoAnns, try signing up for them. Maybe you will get the same offer of a free class.

Hope you are all doing well and keeping cool, as we wait for our next birthday on the 9th of July!
Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hello Birthday Buddies! Do any of you get JoAnn's text notices? Today I got one that said I could get any Craftsy class for free. I went and looked and ended up enrolling in Pepper Cory's Scrap Quilting class. She is a friend of Bonnie Hunter... I really like her. I'm going to enjoy her class. If you don't already get the texts from JoAnns, try signing up for them. Maybe you will get the same offer of a free class.

Hope you are all doing well and keeping cool, as we wait for our next birthday on the 9th of July!
http://www.joann.com/mobile/
Old 06-28-2016, 06:02 AM

Good Morning ~
Yesterday's mail brought more birthday cards and I see that other's post received cards in this manner so I will follow suit! :0) My thanks for making me smile each time I go to the mailbox and see more cards and again it will take more will power each time I get another card not to open them until the end of the month!

Thank-you again to my swap friends ~

Sunrise450
Jaba
Imanna
dotcomdtcm
JENNR8R

Patrick's Mom
Old 06-28-2016, 10:42 AM

I am back from vacation Could of used a little more time. Was in Main visiting a friend and we went to Poland Mining Camp for 3 days. This is a place where you actually get to go out into real live quarry's that are being worked. While we were there one of the quarry's hit a really big pocket of tourmaline and the owner was out there will film crews and everything else. My friend who is a PT guide for the camp tells me that they are still pulling tourmaline out of that pocket. If you want to see a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-msZSrcgfPQ.

I got back from Maine late Monday night and early Tuesday morning I left to go a rowing for the Row by Row. I traveled the Northern part of the state, rowed over the river into Fargo ND, and then rowed my way back to MN for a total of 1,000 miles, and 32 shops. I am hoping that the three day weekend will give me many hours of sewing my rows together.

I picked up my mail from the Post Office last night and I have received several packages. I will put together the list tonight so I can get it posted.

Djmat - I love the PS quilt. What a great idea for the border.

Barb - You have some very nice looking grandchildren and a handsome husband. Very nice picture of the family.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:52 PM

Hello everyone
I see that July is off to a GREAT start! Yeah keep it up ladies!

Thanks for the complements on the beautiful grandchildren. Feel very blessed. Last weekend I spent a lot of quality time with them. Saturday night I had a sleepover with Naomi (7 month old) she was a little angel...went to sleep at 7:30 pm and woke up at 6:30 am...never cried the entire time I had her. She is such a happy good baby. I think she really liked the one on one time we had. I know I did!

Then Sunday I went to Tyler (not in the picture) 12th birthday party and brought home with me 3 grand babies for another sleepover. Henry (6) Ellie (4) and Cooper almost 3. Henry and Ellie are siblings and share a bedroom so they are use to being together. Cooper on the other hand has not shared a room with anyone....he was a little monkey jumping on the bed! Henry came and told me that Cooper won't let him sleep so I had to be big mean Mema and take Cooper out and put him in the other guest room. TEARS! But we cuddled till he fell asleep. And he still loved me in the morning.

Just a note for everyone....PLEASE make sure you are leaving feedback for the packages you receive. We all want to see our feedback score grow! Thanks Jaba and Sewbizgirl they posted how to leave feedback...it's easy I even can do it so ...so can you. It is best to leave then the day that you post your thank you's.....I think there is a limit of how many you can do a day so try and keep current. Any questions on feedback please let me know and I will help you out.

Sewbizgirl...I did not get that text from Joann's... that is a really big frown! Enjoy your class.

WMUTeach...looking forward to seeing your quilt.

Anoka quilter...thanks for sharing the video on the mining...very interesting....I was wondering what the purple stone was. They didn't seem to make any mention of it.

Yesterday (monday) I received a call from a dad of a 6 week old baby. His wife has postpartum depression. I will be occasionally helping out with the baby for the next month. (not sure how much at this point) They received my name from the family that I nanny presently (for almost 14 years, the mom is a Psychologist.) Before I started with my current family I was a postpartum doula. I have worked with other mothers dealing with the same illness. It is so sad to see this happen. I can already tell the baby is not responding like a "normal" 6 week old. She is not use to being cuddled. When I picked her up today and held her to my cheek she stiffened up and pulled away from me. The dad has been doing everything including working from home. So please keep some kind thoughts for this baby and her family in your hearts. <3

And with that being said....I will be out of town July 2-5 camping (with the two kids I nanny, Sophie the dog and my hubby). Then on July 6th my mom goes in to have a shoulder replacement surgery. She will probably go to rehab for 2 weeks and then come and stay with me. I do have some siblings coming in and out of town to help me with my mom.

and with all that being said I am going to postpone the next QAL for a week or two. Hope this does not disappoint any of you. Meantime....start looking for 43 different Christmas fabrics and of course some of them can be just solid fabrics. Hopefully I will be able to get started with the QAL mid July.

Keep up the good working ladies...you are making my job so easy this year!

Barb
Old 06-28-2016, 07:59 PM

👍I finally have access to the board with my phone.
Barb.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
I finally have access to the board with my phone.
Barb.
Yay...that's a good thing! We miss you when you are away.

I am going to pray that baby responds to your love and that her momma recovers. Sad, indeed.

Sorry you didn't get the free class offer, Barb. I've read others talking about it on the board. I think they must target different people at different times, so Craftsy doesn't get overloaded. I'm sure you'll be offered a class in time. I'm ashamed to say I have several classes there that I paid for and haven't watched. It just makes me anxious to sit and listen. It's not my favorite thing to do. I guess I have the rest of my life to watch them, tho.

Hope you all enjoy the camping trip.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:31 AM

Barb, bless you for caring for postpartum depressed mothers.I was one of them after my second child and it just about ruined me. What I learned from it was so much compassion for others suffering with it. Most of them hide in shame because aren't new moms supposed to LOVE motherhood and aren't they just supposed to GLOW and RADIATE joy and contentment? It was taboo and I felt so alone and ashamed that I was NOT loving it, and I was so confused because I had absolutely loved being a first time mom. Now I ask new moms, "How are you doing, really?" and I wait, watching their facial cues, and I can let them confide in me without judgment. Hormones can do ugly things! But all that to say, there is hope and you are a beacon of it by serving that family.

Can't wait to be that grandmother who has sleepovers like you're enjoying. Our sons are married and trying to start families, so I'm hopeful!!

Enjoy your 4th of July trip. Sounds like work to me!