Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed >

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 PM

Have you or the BF looked into doing one of the self-finished epoxy coats? They are about $100 or so at Home Depot/Lowes, but you put them on over whatever is already on the floor. It's basically a really thick paint and it comes with little chips (like round sprinkles) to add traction. We were able to put it down in under 24 hours at our last house. It might not be the worst thing to check out!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 PM

Words of wisdom MamaHauser
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM

In order to put the epoxy floor down at this point, they're going to have to get every bit of the paint off the concrete first. That means either sandblasting or basically grinding it off. Both are expensive and time consuming. There's a contractor who owes me for some bookkeeping who I've talked to about doing this. We had to get the doorway watertight first because they also didn't slope the garage toward the door like they were supposed to. Instead, they left it flat.....ish. There's a dip in the middle of it. They also didn't slope the first section of concrete away from the garage door like they were supposed to, so water was coming straight in when we got a hard rain, and we ended up with a big puddle in the middle of the garage every time.

My boyfriend and I met when he was in the middle of having this house built in 2006. I've been around both residential and commercial construction since 1991, so I watched this house being built as I either bit my tongue or watched as the things I pointed out to him were swept under the rug by the contractor as either no big deal or I didn't know what I was talking about. The garage floor being slippery when wet after they painted it was one of the things that I pointed out, that the contractor blew off when he brought it up to him. If they'd mixed a medium grit sand with the paint before they put it down, it would have had grip to begin with. That's an old trick for a temporary fix until you can afford a permanent one.

Since the contractor who owes me is roughly 30 mi from here, and the construction industry is still struggling so in his area, him having the money for the materials and machine he'd have to rent to grind the paint off just hasn't happened yet.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 PM

I feel like an air head today! i was actually spending some time on thecomputer tonight, Mom went to bed early tonight! and I saw all the talk about table runners going out! I had a panic Moment like "Oh NO, I have to make a table runner quick" Duh... I already sent it out long ago! Dang my mine is just not staying straight these days!

I love love love the snow me, I hope it comes to me!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Power Poster

Luv2sew, wish I could claim that one but not that talented. It is so nice. I love it.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 AM

TGIF... 4 hours of sleep... class from 8 til 2, work from 3:30-midnight.. rainy, dark, cold.. this is hard! haha
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 AM

Marybeth, I do that all the time. Forget what I am doing and who I am doing it for. LOL Mine has been mailed and received, but I am still waiting. and waiting. Not very patiend of me, is it? It will be worth the wait I am sure.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

According to the delivery confirmation, my package was received yesterday. Will wait to hear from whoever it went to.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 AM

Marybeth - love the apple pie topper that came to my house - we still are using it on our dining room table and it is just perfect.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 PM

First off, all the runners pictured so far are so great!! Sharing a pic of table runner I am working on, Just have to finish some hand embellishment and do the binding... I plan to have it in the mail by Monday, maybe even tomorrow...I know, by the skin of my teeth...this really isn't an excuse, but my beloved machine went "kaput" day before Christmas...dh and I tried to fix it with the help of some gals here sending me pics of their machine thats the same...but it wasn't fixable..and local repair shops charge $75.00 just to look at it..at that price plus whatever parts/labor were needed it isn't worth it...So I have "scrambled" to get the quilting part done...couldn't do fmq, so it will be combo of outline, and hand quilting...One big silver lining is that I just bought my dream machine, Janome Horizon 7700...but I haven't had time to even plug it in yet...Heres the runner in progress...hope my "swappee" likes it...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387503[/ATTACH]
Regards,
Kif
Attached Thumbnails 070.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-11-2013 at 02:29 PM.