Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** >

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

Old 11-05-2010, 01:27 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

LuvTooQuilt is hosting another swap!!! …….10" layer cake Batik swap,

Registration is open to the first 48 members or until 20 Nov, whichever comes first.

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of 1 (one) UN-washed Batik fabric

***** The THEME this month is : FESTIVE BATIKS ******

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from UN-washed 100% cotton Batik fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tear, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or that are fairly easy to see through are probably not good candidates for this swap

Please be advised that squares that are not square, or those that are not the right size, will be returned unswapped. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares will be accepted as they can be cut down to size if needed be..***** I would highly recommend giving an add'l 1/4 inch on all four sides just to be safe since all our rulers may not be the exactly same ones.. ***** This swap I will be firm and I WILL return the ones that are not 10 inches as most of us will be using them for layer cake projects..

Here’s how it works:

In your packet to me you will enclose:

1 gallon size ziplock bag with 12 ct – 10 inch squares of ONE fabric

~ Fabric must be UN -washed, ironed and in ziplock bags for safe passage thru USPS

INCLUDE your screen name ON your ziplock bag along with SET amounts you are doing.

***Example- I would like to do two sets so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, my Ziplock bag will have:

luvTooQuilt X2

(you may also include, but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address- should your envelope be swallowed by the USPS machines for identification purposes- an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )
~ It is aprox less than 1 yard per 12ct - 10 inch squares.
~There are no limit to amount of sets you wish to submit***
~Please remember that each set should be cut from a different unwashed fabric.

***4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 10inch squares from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares each in separate gallon size ziplock bags

Also in your package INCLUDE a self adhesive return address label, and return priority postage. ($4.90) Should you require delivery confirmation- highly recommended- an additional $.70 is required. Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity. (PM me for international info)

I would like to have these in hand no later than 11/29 (so with a post mark no later than 11/20- that should give the USPS ample time to deliver them over the holiday to me plus a day or two grace period.) International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 29 Nov will be automatically returned unswapped.

I will then sort and mail out squares on Dec 3rd or Dec 4.

Please PM me:
Board name,
How many sets you're doing
aprox when you plan ship your package
Your mailing address
so I can add you to the list and send you my mailing address.

Any questions please pm me.. I'll be happy to assist..
Happy quilting everyone.

list of swappers so far...

me- 6 sets
1- KatFish - 6 sets
2- Qbee - 3 sets
3- grumpy90650 - 1 set
4- moonrise - 6 sets
5- Lindyline - 3 sets
6- KrisCraft99- 2 sets
7- Kreinhart742 -1 set
8-maine ladybug- 2 sets
9-Gramabiese -3.
10- zjsquiltymomma -3
11-Lauriejo - 2 sets –
12-Pat P (6 sets)
13-JaneCat - 3 sets.
14- Gaigai 6 sets
15- Gardner -4 sets
16- donna873 - 2 sets
17- Momof3Es - 2 sets
18- Rebecca VLQ -5 sets
19- quilterinthewoods -2 sets
20- "oldswimmer" -6 sets
21- tangloak - 4 sets
22 -EC-3 sets
23-3699quilter-4 sets
24-Momma_K - 2 sets
25- KarenR - 3 sets
26- sunrise450 3 sets
27- sew scrappy - 3 sets

total of 96 sets.. we must have multiples of 12... or we will have duplicates...
Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM

I'm in for 6 sets please. The 5" charm was so much fun and I got such great fabrics, that I'm ready to do another.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 PM

Dumb question ... What is meant by "festive" batiks?

Thanks! :)
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise

I don't think this is a dumb question, I was wondering the same.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:46 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by moonrise

Ha got y'all thinking... Anything that makes you happy when you see it.. Bright- bold -crazy... Really any batik will do..
Old 11-05-2010, 03:55 PM

Okay....I've never done these because I was thinking "so, I'd be swapping one fabric for another"?? But it just dawned on me (no jokes about how slow I am here) that you send in ONE color but get back 12....is that right??? Cause that would be like SO COOL!! LOL...let me know. Thanks!!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:59 PM

Im going to post the list of swappers here...

*****WE OFFICIALLY HAVE 12 MEMBERS.. THIS SWAP IS A GO!!

Me- 6 sets
1- KatFish - 6 sets
2- Qbee - 3 sets
3- grumpy90650 - 1 set
4- moonrise - 6 sets
5- Lindyline - 3 sets
6- KrisCraft99- 2 sets
7- Kreinhart742 -1 set
8-maine ladybug- 2 sets
9-Gramabiese -3.
10- zjsquiltymomma -3
11-Lauriejo - 2 sets –
12-Pat P (6 sets)
13-JaneCat - 3 sets.
14-Gaigai 6 sets
15- Gardner -4 sets
16- donna873 - 2 sets
17- Momof3Es - 2 sets
18- Rebecca VLQ -5 sets
19- quilterinthewoods -2 sets
20-"oldswimmer" -6 sets
21- tangloak - 4 sets
22- EC-3 sets
23- 3699quilter-4 sets
24-Momma_K - 2 sets
25- KarenR - 3 sets
26- sunrise450 3 sets
27- sew scrappy -3 sets

total of 94 sets.. we must have multiples of 12... or we will have duplicates...
Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Okay....I've never done these because I was thinking "so, I'd be swapping one fabric for another"?? But it just dawned on me (no jokes about how slow I am here) that you send in ONE color but get back 12....is that right??? Cause that would be like SO COOL!! LOL...let me know. Thanks!!
Yes you send in 12 squares (10+inches) of ONE fabric and you get back 12 squares (10+inches ) of TWELVE different batiks.. that is if no one duplicates your fabric OR we dont have enough swappers...
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Yes you send in 12 squares (10+inches) of ONE fabric and you get back 12 squares (10+inches ) of TWELVE different batiks.. that is if no one duplicates your fabric OR we dont have enough swappers...
Well that is just TOO COOL!!! I had no idea! OK...so I'm in! :D My LQS has some beautiful batiks :D
Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Well that is just TOO COOL!!! I had no idea! OK...so I'm in! :D My LQS has some beautiful batiks :D
Please PM me:
Board name,
How many sets you're doing
aprox when you plan ship your package
Your mailing address
so I can add you to the list and send you my mailing address.

Any questions please pm me.. I'll be happy to assist..When I get this info I'll add you to the swap list..