Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP**10 1/2" layer cake  Swap..   “GREEN with envy I’m seeing SPOTS!!!”  **CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP**** >

CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP**10 1/2" layer cake Swap.. “GREEN with envy I’m seeing SPOTS!!!” **CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP****

CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP**10 1/2" layer cake Swap.. “GREEN with envy I’m seeing SPOTS!!!” **CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP****

Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

LuvTooQuilt is hosting another swap!!! …….10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

“GREEN with envy I’m seeing SPOTS!!!”

Registration is open to the first 130 Sets or until 16 March, whichever comes first.

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of any 1 (one) UN-washed 100% GREEN cotton fabric. Fabric must be any shade of GREEN but not limited to all green, it can be Green & white or green and anything… However fabric MUST have green in it (but not limited to: Calicos, Batiks, solids, Oriental, novelty, seasonal...) You will in return receive 12 DIFFERENT squares per set submitted. Perfect for stash building and scrappy quilts!!

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from UN-washed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that squares that are not square, or those that are not the right size, will be returned unswapped. Selvages are not acceptable and must be removed from 'finished' squares. Will accept any squares larger than 10 ¼ as most of us will use them as 10 inch squares. Anything less than MY 10 ¼ measurement will be returned. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares will be accepted as they can be cut down to size if needed be... please nothing over 10 ¾ as they become hard to put in baggies..

Here’s how it works: - In your packet to me you will enclose:

1 gallon size Hefty slider/ziplock bag with 12 ct – 10 1/2 inch squares of ONE fabric for each set

~ Fabric must be UN -washed, ironed and in gallon bags for safe passage thru USPS.

~ Please remember that each set should be cut from a different unwashed fabric

~ 5-6 sets fit in ONE priority flat rate envelope

~ It is aprox 1 yard per 12ct – 10.5 inch squares.

~ There is a SIX SET limit in this swap plus ONE optional TWIST

~ INCLUDE your screen name ON your baggies along with SET amounts.
***Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - ((4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 10 1/2inch squares from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares, each set in separate gallon size Ziploc bags)) so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, on each of my Ziploc bags will have:

luvTooQuilt X4

~ You may also include but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address, should your envelope be swallowed by the USPS machines for identification purposes- an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )

~ Please staple/tape a piece of your fabric on the outside of the baggie...
**** A piece of your fabric is required stapled on the outside of the individual baggie for identification purposes. (See pic)

Also in your package INCLUDE Sample pieces of each of your fabric – ( aprox 2x3 tiny strips pieces from your leftover fabric is the prefect size..) Some of you stapled the pieces to a small piece of cardboard/cardstock/paper with an addt’l addy label& board name- (see pic) It is my goal NOT to give you back your fabric square…And this aids me keeping track who sent in what since there are over 100 sets…

Also in your package INCLUDE a self adhesive return address label, and return priority postage. ($4.95) Should you require delivery confirmation- highly recommended!!! - An additional $.70 is required. Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity. DO NOT mail return SASenvelopes, postage only please!!! Too hard to keep track of the envelopes.... (PM me for international info)

I would like to have these in hand no later than 3/24/2011(so with a post mark no later than 3/18/2011 that should give the USPS ample time to deliver with a couple of days grace period.) After 3/18 PRIORITY is recommended. after 3/21, OVERNITE shipping is required.... International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 3/25/2011 will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling commitment will not be accepted in future swaps and negative feedback will be posted to members account per Moderators requirements.

I will then sort 3/25-3/30 and hope to mail out squares on 3/31/2011(but no later than 4/1/2011).. Reminders and swap rules can be found here - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

@@@@@ Please PM me all the info below: @@@@@

Board name,
How many sets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package
Your real name
Your mailing address

@@ After all info has been rec’d & you have been approved I will add you to the list of swappers... @@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Any questions please pm me... I'll be happy to assist...
Happy quilting everyone!!!!

AND THE TWIST………….. ‘I’m seeing SPOTS’

~ ONE 10.5in sqs from 5 (Five) different 100% cotton UN-washed Spot, dots, circle, swirly circles, bubbles or any round-ish shaped design fabric.. Be creative!!! No wrong answers here..

Each member is allowed ONE set of the twist. This is still something new I will continue to try and if it flops then, it will have been a learning experience. Members who choose to participate in the TWIST will rotary cut ONE -10.5 square from 5 different fabrics- Fabric MUST have a ‘circular design’ on it somewhere-No specific color requirement, you will then mail them all in ONE sandwich sized slider or Ziploc bag.--- NO NAMED--- I will then swap bag for bag –Squares will not be removed from the baggie. You will in return get 5 DIFFERENT squares from another member of this swap..

*** This TWIST is optional - Not mandatory to participate in the twist to join this swap ***

Sample piece staples to outside of baggie big enough to recognize your fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127145[/ATTACH]

sample pieces of ALL sets sending in to swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127438[/ATTACH]

Or you can even use this method..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127545[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127140.jpe   attachment-127433.jpe   attachment-127540.jpe  

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Members 1-16 Go ahead and cut your squares

Please remember everyone no thin see thru fabric and carefully rotary cut your squares and confirm your counts.

1- homecaregiver - X6 sets
2- KimmieH - x2 sets plus twist
3- sunrise450 - x5 sets plus a twist
4- sustraley - x3 sets along plus twist
5- RAGGEDYANN - x2 sets plus twist
6- stacey65 - x4 sets 1 twist
7 -Momma-K - 4 sets
8- Katvert - x2 sets
9- wonkywanda - x4 sets
10- gapeach -x4 sets plus twist
11- gwenny -x6 sets plus twist
12- Sharon b x4 sets
13- azmadgranny - x6 sets
14- rwquilts- 5 sets
15 - lauriejo - x2 sets and the twist
16- crafty3790 - x5 sets plus twist
17. grumpy90650 - x3 sets plus twist
18 pennijanine - 6 sets
19 fryguymoore - 4 sets
20 jtapp9 - x3 sets
21 Qbee - x2 sets plus Twist
22 sew scrappy - x1 set plus twist

REVISED COUNT:
1 - homecaregiver - X6 sets
2- KimmieH - x2 sets plus twist
3- sunrise450 - x5 sets plus a twist
4- sustraley - x3 sets along plus twist
5- RAGGEDYANN - x2 sets plus twist
6- stacey65 - x4 sets 1 twist
7 -Momma-K - 4 sets
8- Katvert - x2 sets
9- wonkywanda - x4 sets
10- gapeach -x4 sets plus twist
11- gwenny -x6 sets plus twist
12- Sharon b x4 sets
13- azmadgranny - x6 sets
14- rwquilts- 5 sets
15 - lauriejo - x2 sets and the twist
16- crafty3790 - x5 sets plus twist
17. grumpy90650 – x4 sets plus twist
18 pennijanine - 6 sets
19 fryguymoore - 4 sets
20 jtapp9 - x3 sets
21 Qbee – x2 sets plus Twist
22- sew scrappy x1plus twist
23 Kay Carlson – 6 sets plus twist
24 bonitagaye - x4 sets
25 jeantro - x3 sets

*pennijanine -Fill in sets
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 PM

I will be PMing you as soon as I figure out how much green I already have and if I need to purchase some, etc. :D
Old 03-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
I will be PMing you as soon as I figure out how much green I already have and if I need to purchase some, etc. :D
Ok now don't get my swap confused with kriscrafts !! Lol. Sorry I'm lovin teasin her so!!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:54 AM

OOOO! The batik swap was LOVELY last time! I will have to take a peek at my greens!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:44 AM

I agree.. the batik swap that luvTooQuilt hosted was wonderful :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
OOOO! The batik swap was LOVELY last time! I will have to take a peek at my greens!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 AM

I have to look at my greens also but think this will take a trip to the quilt shop. Well darn! Thats just too bad! Oh give me strength!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:28 AM

The red was fun to do....so im in again!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I agree.. the batik swap that luvTooQuilt hosted was wonderful :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
The batik swap was my favorite so far but I have a feeling April 2011- 1930's swap might boot batiks to close second!!