Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Hi Sis hope someone has the fabric.I am ancious to see it repaired.I personally think it is a very nice quilt.Wish I had the checked fabric. Hugs lil sis
Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Here's the shirt tissue holder I made and let me tell you, I found a part of the instructions to be a tad confusing so I just looked at the pic to figure it out. Not sure I'll be making anymore of these......
lol but it is so dang cute. Love the colors
Old 04-28-2012, 09:00 AM

Teresa you need to carefully take apart the damaged square and then make a pattern and a new block to fit in that place, you most often need to hand sew that block in and it takes alot of time, but some quilts are worth the time it takes to repair them... This one has only 2 blocks that need a complete new block, ( prewashing fabric is a must here)
there are a couple other pulled seams that need to be hand sewn but for the most part it's in good shape, stained yes, but it's going to be for show not use... Hope that explains it for you...
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Hi Sis hope someone has the fabric.I am ancious to see it repaired.I personally think it is a very nice quilt.Wish I had the checked fabric. Hugs lil sis
Sis am hoping someone has a fabric close to that... I have something that may work but it will take away from the integrity of the quilt and as an antique it's only as old as the newest piece of material put into it... If I kept it the way it is, to the right person it might be worth more... But am not looking for that, want it for my Spare bedroom to put on the chair in there.. Sis
Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM

Just returned from vacation to a wonderful package sent by a replacement for my SP who had a Medical Emergency...Hope all is OK whomever it was. But an Angel named Onalee stepped in and sent me some wonderful fabrics for my art quilts. A stunning Antique looking back scratcher which my husband snatched immediately...got it back long enough to snap a photo. Some Antique Hankies which I'll use for my embroidered Umbrella Ladies where I use those for their 3D skirts...A vintage Dollie which I'll use in a Crazy Quilt...A large cone of Thread always need that. A new seam riper and class 66 bobbins which will fit one of my singers...WOW...
In her letter to me at the end she hoped she made me smile and that it brighten my day...To say the least...The assortment of gifts were so thoughtful and all will be put to good use.
Thank You Onalee not only are you a "Special Person" but add "Angel" in there.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5546.jpg  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:17 AM

Default better picture I hope

Hope this is a bigger photo..
Attached Thumbnails 100_5545.jpg  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Mary - I go online to my local library find the audiobooks on CD
that I want to listen to they will come in from one of 10-15 libraries
around the area..... But not matter HOW I get my audiobooks I "rip" them down to MP4
format for my iPod and I listen to my books. Since July 2009 I have
listened to OVER 400 audiobooks, and some of them are REPEATS
because I liked them just that much.

Oh yeah Mary I found a larger bottle of that Best Press so I am going on
the hunt for a small spray bottle this weekend and I will send you a small
"trial" size bottle to try to see how it works for you.
louise what i was trying to say was that my public library and its inter-connected municipalities have an online audio website that you sign in to with your library card and you virtual "check" audio books out but listen to them online through a web player program that you download to your listening devise. there is no physical merchandise changing hands. this online catalog has opened up a wealth of audio books to listen to.

and thanks for thinking of sending me a sample of best press. i truly appreciate the jesture and the thought.

on another note, i took a chance and went to a 10,000 yard fabric sale today with prices starting at $.50/yd up to $3/yd with retails up to $50/yd. oh wow oh wow. it really wasnt quilting material but this family has a unifom business and this was excess fabric. there was just about a bit of everything. if only i sewed garments again. the guy asked me would i be interested in making sample garments for them as they were always needing sample makers. i told him no i didnt make clothes anymore. sample garment makers often have to draft their own patterns to make the garments. i went to school for clothing design but have been out of the game too many years now to think about it again. i did buy some fabrics if nothing but to just look at them. here's a pic. and this was just one stack.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]331466[/ATTACH]

and finally i got on of my vintage singer 15-91's purring so i am looking so forward to sewing on it. then on to my 301a.
Attached Thumbnails fabric.jpg  

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-28-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Swap Hosts

Mary! Wow! That must have been a lot of fun. Those are the kind of sales that I really need to stay away from.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Mary! Wow! That must have been a lot of fun. Those are the kind of sales that I really need to stay away from.
krystyna i have learned to only take as much cash as i want to spend and that's it. no running to the bank or an atm for more money. in this case i took $20.00 and that is what i spent. when i unplant myself i will take a pic of the fabrics i bought.

well it appears that 3 of the bench sitters are blessed with packages so that leaves 1 more to go!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Swap Hosts

Who's on the bench?

Mary, my problem is that I can always justify it as a business expense. The problem is where to put it.