Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 AM

Robyn, what a beautiful little girl. She will bring so much joy into your life. When i started having grandchildren I realized the real reason I had children. Such an lovely name too. Congratulations to you and your family.

Gail
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Krystyna really cute ladybug cake. TOMM love the patterns you got and the fabrics.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Hey, where's Fayzer? I miss her!
BIG HELLO Krystyna. I miss you and all my friends here. Right now I can't enjoy the things I love doing the most. My brother is in he hospital is not doing well at all so I have not been on here much. He is the one that is on YouTube with and LVAD. I know he is slowly dying as his heart muscle is beginning to shut down. I know there is no hope for him and it is just a matter of time now. Between that and my family members without jobs, I have been pre-occupied. Praise the Lord, my son got a wonderful new job yesterday and my sister starts her new job Monday. Now if my daughter and BIL who are working horrible jobs can get something, I can get back to some semblance normal. Love you all.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Swap Hosts

Oh, Fay. I am so sorry to hear this. Is that your brother on the video? I only wish he could receive a transplant. Sending you lots and lots of hugs during this awful time of trials.
The joblessness is another issue that so many are plagued with these days - that or underemployment. Sometimes it seems that there is no solution except that we all return to the 1800s and move in with each other and grow or catch our own food. I only hope that they will find a tiny bit of solace in knowing that they are not in that leaky boat alone.
Praying for you and your family that everyone will find strength and grace to carry on.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:19 AM

I LOVE these! So pretty!
Arizona girl. Your GB is adorable! I miss having babies around. Mine are 17 and 19.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
okay so most of you know from my previous posts that i have in my future 1,000's (times squared quadruple times; huh??? gazillion maybe) of 1.5" fabric squares for 2 quilts i am making. an obsession really. so to share my love of 1.5" fabric squares with my may sp swap partner i made them a commemorative gift. and i really hope whoever gets these will enjoy them in the spirit i made them..... to share in the love of my new obsession.

p.s. ooohh maybe i should post this in may swap thread.

ta-dah postage stamp potholders!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329964[/ATTACH]
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i'm just curious, is this question to suggest that those of us who want to make mug rugs, potholders, coasters, etc. now need to consider making them in coordinating colors or themes or patterns to match folks kitchens/dining rooms? are we really expecting that of our online quilting friends. i'm just asking. should we also consider including what fabrc patterns are also acceptable? i'm just asking.
I'm just answering for myself, but it would be one more piece of knowledge about folks we basically know nothing about or only what they remember to tell us on the questionnaire. I would not hesitate to send something I'd made ahead of time in what ever colors I picked to someone unless they expressed a violent dislike ie I would not send some who hates orange something I had made that was all orange, I would try to make or find another color. It would be a shame for you to feel that constrained that you feel you don't want to make a home made gift if that gives you pleasure

Robyn, sweet grand baby, she is adorable

Fayzer, sorry about your brother, I lost my only brother 2 yrs ago from brain cancer and I still miss him. I hope that all of those with unemployed and under employed relatives or selves are able to do better as the economy hopefully improves. I know how awful it is to not be able to have a reasonable standard of living.

Last edited by greenini; 04-25-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
I LOVE these! So pretty!
Arizona girl. Your GB is adorable! I miss having babies around. Mine are 17 and 19.
Old enough to make babies!
( I did NOT say that! )
Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Swap Hosts

I just wanted to say something. As I go through my day I use various things I have received from so many of you and I just wanted to say that each time I pick up a pin cushion, a little chocolate handbag, a tissue holder, a tube of hand cream, some pins, whatever, I think of you and it truly brings a smile to my face. You are all such a blessing in my life and I thank you!
Time for a group hug!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM

greenini we already have on the template list what are the favorite/least favorite colors, fave/least fave fabrics. and i do not send anything in colors someone expressed they do not like, but with a $10.00 budget are we expected to color/pattern tailor all of our gifts? i was expressing my opinion and i realize that it is just that, my opinion.

for example the scrappy potholders that i made (for the may swap) may not match anyone's kitchen/dining room decor but they were not made with color matching in mind. i made them as i stated "a commemorative gift" to share in my postage stamp quilt quest. after that statement was posted, i paused to wonder if i should include them in a swap package at all for fear that they will not match the receiver's sensibilities or decorum. after some thought on it, my decision now is that i will just offer them as a rak gift so only those who express a desire to have them, will have the opportunity to receive them. the quandry for me is now resolved.

i do realize that my design sensibilities (fabric, color or design choices/combo) are not to everyone's taste which is why i let my swap partners know that i wont mind if they want to regift anything that i have sent them. my opinion again.

p.s. we do not need to have an extended board debate over what i have said. these are just my opinions and i am quite capable of working out my own conundrums.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Is there any interest in adding the question "colors or theme in kitchen/dining room" to the monthly questionnaire for those who like to make pot holders, placemats, runners, tablemats, mug rugs, etc.?
Ahhhh yes! Great idea..