Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Krystyna, we will be taking pics Sunday with our quilts......... then I will post them on the picture thread ...
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Blog Entries
    Robin, I can't wait to see them! You are so terrific to get the girls involved with the fair. Hooray for you!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Just how big is the competition at these fairs??
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Hey mscupid804, I search for County fair in Newport News VA and found this link http://www.newportagriculturalfair.com/ WOW! Y'all have a really great fair! Lots of excitement with many different old fashion events like draft horse pulling, horse shows! Love it! Click on the link and then click program at the top part of the page. That will take you to a list of everything at the fair the just happened in August. Page 28 shows and the "sewing and fancy stitching" catagories. You can look thru all the classes anc decide what you might want to entry in next year. Normally it doesn't cost anything to entry. Go for it! It is FUN! I want to come visit y'all fair next year, looks like so much fun! good luck!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Hey mscupid804, I search for County fair in Newport News VA and found this link http://www.newportagriculturalfair.com/ WOW! Y'all have a really great fair! Lots of excitement with many different old fashion events like draft horse pulling, horse shows! Love it! Click on the link and then click program at the top part of the page. That will take you to a list of everything at the fair the just happened in August. Page 28 shows and the "sewing and fancy stitching" catagories. You can look thru all the classes anc decide what you might want to entry in next year. Normally it doesn't cost anything to entry. Go for it! It is FUN! I want to come visit y'all fair next year, looks like so much fun! good luck!
    Krazy, this fair is NOT in Newport News....it's in Newport, VA which is entirely different from where I live. I live in a fairly big city, not the country, and these things wouldn't be in the city. Nice try tho!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    The Wheatland County Fair is not a big one, but the Spokane County fair is. I am looking forward to seeing how well I did on Sunday. I prepaid for tickets and saved enough money that I could get into one of the side shows as well. Will be a good time. If I can, will post as I walk thru.

I was able to take a few minutes inbetween finishing up a DQ and canning to find a fall UFO that I have and got it all laid out, now just to size up the block panel pictures and sew it up so I can put in line to be quilted. I hope to get the top done tonight so when I finish the one on the longarm tomorrow (hope and pray) I can do this one real quick and get in mail next week so I feel good about meeting a deadline. Oh how that bothers me when it gets down to the wire.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I've made good progress on my little fall DQ for my partner. It's very pretty, and has some applique. Can't wait to see the quilts start getting posted.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    we have a small fair Teresa but its the boost in confidance that it gives my girls
    that counts .... and the small county fair still has the canned goods and the 4H
    clubs and cows and pigs and rabbits and the everyone has a good time ..... we love it
    next weekend we go to a small town quilt show ... there won't be more than 50 quilts there
    and we will drive 90 miles to go ... but my girls will learn there .... and get ideas .... now
    some fairs are big and have lots of stuff ..... the Oklahoma State fair has hundreds of
    quilts and my girls can send their blue ribbon quilts there .... its just fun .... wish you were
    here and you could come with us ......
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Me too Crazy
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Marybeth I received my quilt and it's beautiful i love it.
    Hey I want some of those gluten free brownies, I have Celiacs so they are perfect.

I got your quilt finished and will mail it off on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    OK, Wanda Lou it is in the mail! It was supposed to go out yesterday but hubby forgot to go to PO. But today I walked a hand full of squishes to the PO.

I can't even get too mad at him he is making brownies and the smell is so wonderful! He is making gluten free brownies, yum... I am going to work on his projects now! Mending! UGH, but I have to do what I have to do ... Love those brownies~ and of course it is a rainy drizzly kind of day here, perfect for baking!

happy sewing
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast