Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST >

Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST

Old 09-13-2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pennyquilter88 View Post
One more try.
Penny, you have to keep resizing the picture until it does upload, that's all it is.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:40 PM

That is too funny JoyjoyMarie. I do that all the time. Maybe you left it on the washer or dryer? At least you have a couple weeks before the deadline is up. (LOL) It is going to turn up the moment you turn your back, that little monster will return it after it is done laughing at you. Those silly gremlins.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM

Ljdugas, I received my beautiful fall themed doll quilt today. It is adorable. I love it. Thank you so much!! (squeal, lol) I will post a picture tomorrow. I was so busy working on your doll quilt today that I didn't get a chance to photograph it yet. (I lost the light.)

Doll quilt #2 is coming out sooooo much better. I finished the applique today. Tomorrow, quilt, bind and label. I will be mailing it out to you on Monday. I'm going to try to get it out tomorrow. But, realistically, it will be Monday. (I work on the weekends.) Will be in touch soon.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 PM

Thank all - Brother and Jim's family are coping as best they can. I must say this was a very hard one to make having know this man for most of his life. He was only 46.

The angel in the piece is from a pattern by Patch Abilities. When I make these "tribute angels" I add things that are special to the loved one who was lost.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
Thank all - Brother and Jim's family are coping as best they can. I must say this was a very hard one to make having know this man for most of his life. He was only 46.

The angel in the piece is from a pattern by Patch Abilities. When I make these "tribute angels" I add things that are special to the loved one who was lost.
Very nice job Paula. Such a beautiful way to express a life of a special person.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 PM

I recieved a darling fall doll quilt from ljdugas today, nice fall colors and quilted so nicely, thank you very much, Jacie(Hope she will post a pic. of hers and mine...... I mailed hers out today.) jacie
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 PM

I lost my pot holders the other day. Looked Everywhere. Then I said I must have them in the wash didnt worry about it at all. Found them. In the cupboard with the canned goods. Right where they belong. you guys are the only ones I am telling so shhhh.. I do this sort of thing a whole lot lately. If I dont talk out loud like ok now put that in the basket before you leave the room and I carry stuff from room to room going to the bedroom? pick up that stack of shirts, grab the hairbrush that magic act walzted into my livingroom but didnt magic backon its own.. and so if I have to stop before I hit the bedroom and go into the sewingroom for a drop off.. well its a good plan and a not so good plan. I try hard to put things bck where they belong but get distracted and well.. its now in a mystery spot. Hubby is good he doesnt poke at me he simply corrects things that arent working (like potholders in cupboards.. good one I put dish soap on the top rack of the fridge because well.. no clue. good thing I found it. you will find it. and oh how much fun that will be.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post

Well you did a good job!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 AM

I am thrilled, I have my dq top done. Now to fit it in line on the longarm to get it done. I did a special embroidery on it and it just made the quilt come alive. I even have the binding ready. Now to get a label done ahead of time so I don't forget it this time.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

I have my dq finished and will be in the mail hopefully on Monday
have to admit I like it so much that I am almost thinking of making
one for myself.

This month I did NOT do any machine embroidery, but to me and
everyone who has seem it so far says that it SCREAMS "Autumn"
sure hope JennyPenny likes it half as much as I like the one she sent
to me (got it yesterday).

I can't wait for her to get it next week. Will post pictures of the one I
received from her this weekend.