Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 06-23-2016, 08:20 PM

Haha no bugs here, just very hungry and brazen bunnies. I can be out weeding and they will start nibbling on a plant 3 or 4 feet away from me.

I am finishing my last " have to " project but my quilting machine decided to be a real pain tonight. Baby blanket I started before baby was born and she is now 3 months old. Won't be able to sew for the next 3 weeks, very frustrating. Will pack my car right away in the morning and hopefully have time to finish quilting it. I can always use my sister's machine to sew the binding on.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:57 AM

No gardening here. Almost total shade in my backyard and not much better in the front . But Terriamn, your "brazen bunnies" comment just makes me belly laugh. Thanks for that. Brazen, a wonderful word not used too often but it should be.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Haha no bugs here, just very hungry and brazen bunnies. I can be out weeding and they will start nibbling on a plant 3 or 4 feet away from me.

I am finishing my last " have to " project but my quilting machine decided to be a real pain tonight. Baby blanket I started before baby was born and she is now 3 months old. Won't be able to sew for the next 3 weeks, very frustrating. Will pack my car right away in the morning and hopefully have time to finish quilting it. I can always use my sister's machine to sew the binding on.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:30 AM

I planted broccoli one year, didn't know it at the time but it was just for some relatives of your brazen bunnies, I'm sure. But they didn't eat the beans, grateful for that I was!
Old 06-24-2016, 07:38 AM

Our small city garden has chicken wire all around it, it's my poor flower garden in the front that's under attack by the "brazen" bunnies
Old 06-24-2016, 07:55 AM

A couple pictures of my little piece of heaven in the city

[ATTACH=CONFIG]552741[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]552742[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 06-24-2016, 08:27 AM

looks like a refreshing and inviting place to come home to! I love the purple chairs!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:38 AM

Thanks Gram E, I also have purple solar lights by the front shrubs but they don't show up in the picture. Chairs look pretty but a pain in the you know hat to get out of. Bought some fabric to make outdoor cushions in purple and green but have had no time to make them
Old 06-24-2016, 09:19 AM

I have 4 tomato plants on my front porch in pots. I was worried about the birds trying to eat the tomatoes but so far they haven't bothered them...however...this morning when I pulled in driveway I saw 2 little bunnies sitting beside my porch steps...they appeared to be trying to figure out how to get up on the steps to reach the tomato plants! My 3 year old grandson decided to catch them and they ran like crazy....sure hope they never figure out how to get on the porch and eat the 9 or so tomatoes that are starting to grow! Of course my grandson thinks they are HIS tomatoes and has to help me water them every time hes over, even if they don't need to be watered! He gets so excited ...makes my day...tomatoes or no tomatoes!
Old 06-24-2016, 12:47 PM

Terriamn, are those low purple plants huechera or coral bells? The ones near the stone wall in the top pic? They look like it but I can't be sure.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:55 PM

Uh oh, more brazen bunnies! Roflol. Joanelizbay, you can always tell your grandson what my dad told me about catching bunnies. He told me that if you sprinkled a little salt on their tails, they'd hold still and I could catch them. Don't you know I was running around the back yard chasing a rabbit with a salt shaker in my hand until it tired of me and hightailed it out of the yard. I'll bet any amount of money Dad was standing there laughing his fanny off, watching me. Omgosh, I haven't thought about that in years! I'm guessing I was 6 or 7. 😂
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I have 4 tomato plants on my front porch in pots. I was worried about the birds trying to eat the tomatoes but so far they haven't bothered them...however...this morning when I pulled in driveway I saw 2 little bunnies sitting beside my porch steps...they appeared to be trying to figure out how to get up on the steps to reach the tomato plants! My 3 year old grandson decided to catch them and they ran like crazy....sure hope they never figure out how to get on the porch and eat the 9 or so tomatoes that are starting to grow! Of course my grandson thinks they are HIS tomatoes and has to help me water them every time hes over, even if they don't need to be watered! He gets so excited ...makes my day...tomatoes or no tomatoes!