Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Wow having some trouble navigating around on here. Hope tomorrow will be better for me.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Having some trouble navigating around. I hope tomorrow will be better for me.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM

Hi everyone,

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm interested in joining this group, but this is my first swap and I'm not sure what to do. How do I sign up?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 AM

This swap is closed for sign ups right now. Watch the board for the next Boomerang Swap.

I just finished a quilt top that needs to be finished for Christmas. Just started it Saturday, so that is the quickest finish ever for me. It is off to the LAQ today, so I can actually start some of the blocks tomorrow (guild meeting tonite). Wasn't expecting to have time before Christmas.

Last edited by dungeonquilter; 11-02-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Ladies if you need me for anything please send it to my email addy (the one you received your list from) I have to go through and delete over 9,000 private messages before I can start sending and receiving again and with my medical issues that is going to take me FOREVER.
Thanks so much!
Hugs
April
Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM

9000? Oh,boy, that will take a while! Hope you get through this all in flying colors! Be thinking of you!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Hi all! I cut my 5 blocks out on our trip and sewed one together, while visiting my BFF. We had a "sew-in" and I also sewed the first part of our BOM and made a lap top (needs borders) for my mom for Christmas. Will finish the others once I'm home, after tomorrow. From what I've read on this thread, I should have a couple new F8's in our mail to work on as well!

I previously told you I did a lot of cutting out on this trip for several projects and I learned a valuable lesson. It is so much easier, faster, and more time productive to work on projects once all fabrics are chosen for their specific parts of a project and they are cut out. When I go to my next quilting retreat I will definitely only take those projects already cut out and ready to sew.

I've done a little navigating on the new site. Nice look. Still figuring it all out. I noticed the pages are shorter, so fewer messages on a page, which is daunting in light of the 135+pages in the***Important Notice*** thread.That's a lot of reading! (saw that there are 10 pages of questions and answers-wow! guess I'll read those another time). Is Recent Topics now What's New!?!

We are always a bit sad one a vacation comes to an end. We'll really miss our BFF's-wish we lived closer to them, instead of opposite ends (almost) of the state (CA). But I am really looking forward to seeing my grandbabies!! We really miss them a lot when we are gone. We get to see 3 of them Friday night-yeah!!

Last edited by yayaquilts; 11-02-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 PM

I am just checking in, don't have anything new to report. I made 3 rag quilts today with my hubby, he loves my new accuquilter Go Cutter. So he cut and I sewed, made the job go a lot faster. We have about 7 more Christmas orders to get out but hopefully they will all go as fast. I had a migraine this morning so I was slow getting going. Which is why I am still at it. Heading to bed now, tomorrow is another long day of sewing.

I do like the new look, but I haven't looked around a whole lot. Tomorrow I think I will go check out the boards!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:47 AM

I received a new squishie today from Delta Dawn. Your material is so pretty I hate to cut it up to make a new block but I will. I just hope I can find the best block to do justice to your material.

Donna c.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by dconroy84 View Post
I received a new squishie today from Delta Dawn. Your material is so pretty I hate to cut it up to make a new block but I will. I just hope I can find the best block to do justice to your material.

Donna c.
Enjoy it and have fun !!!