Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group >

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Boomerang 6.0 Spring Group

Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 PM

I recived my grownup block from Marybeth today OMG it is beautiful. The butterfly is just to much. Thank you Thank you. I think I'll try and figure out a way to put your block in the center of my quilt when I put it together. As soon as I can get a picture I will up load it.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 AM

I haven't got any mail lately, but I am making blocks today. I wish I could do over some of the first ones I sent out, as I realize how bad they must have been. I have been teaching myself the art of quilting via U-tube...

Most of my previous quilts have been memory, and making them with "traditional non quilting" materials. Fun but really nothing to teach the true art of Quilting. This swap has showed me how much I don't know and I feel like I am learning stuff all over again! See it is never to late to learn!

Happy Quilting ladies
Old 10-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
I have been teaching myself the art of quilting via U-tube...
There are a lot of good videos on you-tube. I have learned a lot there. Part of quilting that helps me is to find a person to work with. Then we help each other through the learning process. Maybe you can find someone near you to piece/quilt together. There is SO much to quilting that we never finish learning. So keep up the good work! :thumbup:
Old 10-28-2011, 05:28 PM

Two beautiful blocks came home to stay...one from hoppyfrog--
the colors you picked go perfectly with the fabric as does the name of the block, "Duck Tracks", for I do make tracks when I need to...

The second one from Sewhappy30 again had great choices of color to go with all the color in the fabric I sent...the block, "Contrary Wife" sometimes fits me to a T... :) but someone in my Autumn group made a "God's Eye" block so I'm covered... :D

Yes, the blocks will be posted...
Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Quilt Mom, you are so right, I have a wonderful group of quilting buddies, to not only help work out problems with quilting, but nothing like having some gilrs to help work out the problems in life.

Quiltin gran, I am glad you like the Gods eye, when I saw the article in an old quilting book, I thought your fabric was great for that pattern.

If I had realized we were both in the same groups I would have sent them both back at the same time. Or maybe I have already sent them both back LOL... my brain is in deep freeze mode, the weather here is starting to head into winter and it is cold tonight.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:28 PM

Know what you mean about the brain in deep freeze mode...
we're getting into the cooler weather up here...don't think I'll be zippin' down your way until the Road to CA comes...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:46 AM

Hi All ,

All squishies from me are now winging their way to you all.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 AM

Squishie received from oma7 . :)
Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 AM

Wow, that takes longer than I thought!! I recieved a grown up block from KathyN today. I'll post pic soon. Still waiting for 2 more F8. Hopefully soon they'll get here!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:43 AM

I am really looking forward to that show. It will be the first time for me. I went to Quilt show in Long beach and that was how I met the ladies in my quilt group. Four of us met on the bus that left from the local Quilt shop and have become fast friends! I love the world of quilters. We will have to plan on meeting at the road show in jan. I might take a few classes, I keep looking at the selection and am really amazed how fast they fill up.
Originally Posted by quiltin'gran
Know what you mean about the brain in deep freeze mode...
we're getting into the cooler weather up here...don't think I'll be zippin' down your way until the Road to CA comes...