Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 120 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Another 5 arrived yesterday!

Anastasia
    buddy'smom
    doghousemom
    nygal
    CharlotteMarie

Which means i am just awaiting.......
    ctmhjenn
    jaba
    Phannie1
    savannahrandons
    I use to find excuses to buy shoes, now I find excuses to buy fabric.

I fought and fought with that block tonight ... brain wasn't working right. Sewed all 8 QST's the same way and I should have flipped the color on half of them. Rip 4 - resew. Sewed all 8 QST units to the square on opposite sides of the square and they should have been on adjacent sides of the square. Rip 4 - resew. Sewed the large square to the QST/square units and lost my points on 3 of them. Rip 3 - resew. UGH!! In the end it worked, it's SQUARE and my points MATCH and it's 12.5" so I'm calling it DONE!

I never want to see that block again.

the worst part ... it really wasn't a "hard" block!!! Embarrassing.

Anyway ... will be mailing the following blocks Friday (I'm too pooped to wrap and address them tonight and I would probably screw it up anyway).

CharlotteMarie (2 blocks - Frog Soup and the one that gave me grief tonight)
    Jacquie
    Jaba
    Moonwork (I'll mail the "practice" block that I made first. Even though there are no bugs, the colors are similar so you might be able to use it).

I've posted all but the block I finished tonight in my album if you want to peek. Hmm ... can't remember if Frog Soup is posted yet.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Sue - its the frogs - they get into everything and a very slippery critters.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨Count your blessings, not your problems. ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪

Blog Entries
    immemother you haven't gotten my fabric F8 yet???mailed out on 8/20 or do you mean you haven't gotten your finished block from me? I mailed that also on 9/3 so you should get it???? Nothing in the mail today and I didn't put anything in the mail either. Trying to keep up with the tomatoes and squash, etc., paying the bills, and I have to finish the binding on the baby quilt tonight without fail. I know I'm not behind but I do hate the envelopes sitting there and looking at me. I will get them out soon. I swear they are all going to be out of here before halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
    Sue - its the frogs - they get into everything and a very slippery critters.
    You know ... your half right. I wasn't using the frog fabric for this block - she had sent me purple hearts and just a swatch of the frog (which became the Frog Soup block). BUT for the block with the purple hearts ... I paired it with LIZARDS!!

So it's the Lizard's fault.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    immemother you haven't gotten my fabric F8 yet???mailed out on 8/20 or do you mean you haven't gotten your finished block from me? I mailed that also on 9/3 so you should get it???? Nothing in the mail today and I didn't put anything in the mail either. Trying to keep up with the tomatoes and squash, etc., paying the bills, and I have to finish the binding on the baby quilt tonight without fail. I know I'm not behind but I do hate the envelopes sitting there and looking at me. I will get them out soon. I swear they are all going to be out of here before halloween.
    Hi Jaba,

I havent received your f8 yet. But i am sure it itsnt too far away.

xx
    I use to find excuses to buy shoes, now I find excuses to buy fabric.

Those darned lizards can be oh so bossy. A fw lizards are a cute idea actually with such a cute quilt they wont instantly pop out and then it is a game of one of these things is not like the other.. one of these things just doesnt belong can you guess which thing is not like the other . before I finish my song> arent you guys glad I sang that to you? here are some pics I thought I posted of receivable which I love very much thank you. I feel like I am missing one to post and will have to go check the stack later to see.. argh. Here they are the lovelies from Charlotte and from nygal.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

BuddysMom, Your spookey block will be haunting your mail box soon. Thanks for such a fun fabric to work with. Thanks for swapping with me. Phannie

All the blocks look great!! My mail box is still empty and lonely. Maybe today one will arrive!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Okay gals - I tried to mail out all my blocks yesterday before work. but the darn machine took my money but didn't give me any postage.......will have to wait until Friday when my day off is to get to the PO. GRRR - I have a stack of blocks sitting on my car seat staring at me......
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨Count your blessings, not your problems. ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪

Page 37 of 120 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 87 ... LastLast