Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group >

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 PM

SORRY: the first two are from Phannie, and I was so sitting here hoping she would share her monster truck fabric with me but she held back and used Cherries instead. (PHEW).. darn. And the last if I didnt post already was from Tlambing I love it very pretty and all very feminine they will all work perfectly together. YEAH.. oh and the kitty well too cute had to share that with you. He almost looks.. sad. lol I guess cats dont like hats much. Tried a bee one once on some kittens. they all glared at me.. funny pics though.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:14 AM

Every kitten that comes through my house must enter the Panda phase. I have the most adorable panda costume that I got for dirt cheap back when I was a dog groomer at Petsmart, and I vow I will somehow find a way to shove a newborn baby into it, but until then, since i have no small dogs, the cats get the torture. They all wear it, and get their humiliating pictures taken. They don't like it much the first time but get used to it after that. I put it on the baby kitten last week, and if the hood was over her face she backed up everywhere.. once the hood was lifted she looked at me and purred her fool head off and walked around, until the hood flopped back over her face. So yea.. they don't like hats. Which means i also enjoy putting tape on their heads and backs just to watch them zoom around in reverse
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM

i got a very nice blocks from 'ctmhjenn' today!!
thank you joan!! and for the pattern.
i'm making a 1930's quilt and will definitely be adding this block too!! wonderful!!
thanks again, love jacquie xxx
Old 09-27-2012, 02:16 PM

So.. metallic embroidery thread... bane of my existence.. now as bad as I hated it last night.. it broke a needle on me even! geez. How can the thread break a needle but become such a mess of itself while attempting to use it to sew.. whatteevverr.. It's almost done.. then it's out of my house and I'm sorry I think it is like 1/16th of an inch smaller than it should be and I don't think I care anymore. I still have to wash this darned thing too, to get the glue off.. Don't ask... this block REALLY REALLY wants to go to it's new home. I better finish that tonight before I decide to rip everything off of it and start over.. tee hee. Oh crud it's math time again.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 PM

Oh I hope it isn't the poor little old spider???

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
So.. metallic embroidery thread... bane of my existence.. now as bad as I hated it last night.. it broke a needle on me even! geez. How can the thread break a needle but become such a mess of itself while attempting to use it to sew.. whatteevverr.. It's almost done.. then it's out of my house and I'm sorry I think it is like 1/16th of an inch smaller than it should be and I don't think I care anymore. I still have to wash this darned thing too, to get the glue off.. Don't ask... this block REALLY REALLY wants to go to it's new home. I better finish that tonight before I decide to rip everything off of it and start over.. tee hee. Oh crud it's math time again.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:26 PM

No.. I have the spider hiding in a jar waiting to be smushed on it. I have to give him a proper spot to be smooshed first
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM

Just an update, I'm lonesome here, no blocks all week. I keep reading but haven't received any yet, maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:49 PM

Ok, it's time to smush the spidey into it's new home.. then this block is OUT. Hoping to god... tomorrow.. hehehe.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 PM

Oh, poor spidey, I'll give him a great home. I'm waiting for a Halloween quilt to come back from my quilters and the design she used is spidey and can't wait to see how it turned out, she's also using Halloween Night pattern on the second one.

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Ok, it's time to smush the spidey into it's new home.. then this block is OUT. Hoping to god... tomorrow.. hehehe.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 PM

This spidey is uncooperative. I will see if it has a brother spidey.