Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 09-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I went to Wal Mart Saturday about 11:30 pm after a dance and thought it would be a great time to shop...I had about 6 bolts of b/w material I wanted cut and asked the young girl if she could cut fabric for me. She rolled her eyes, threw everything on the counter into a box and proceeded to cut my fabric....I didnt know whether to laugh or to cry! I wanted a half yard of each and she could NOT figure out what a 1/2 a yard was in inches!! When the young man came over and showed her how to figure it out then she couldnt figure out how to cut it even so I showed her the rail in the counter that you use to "cut" the fabric and how to lay the fabric so she could cut it...She couldnt figure out how to scan the price and print them all out on one ticket so I ended up with 7 different tickets, one on each piece....When I told her I wanted a yard of one fabric I thought she was going to have a heart attack figuring out what a yard was in inches...
I tried not to laugh that whole time but when she didnt want to pin the tickets on the fabric because she "always sticks herself" I laughed out loud and pined them on myself....I asked if she ever sewed and she said Lord no, not since I was a kid! That will teach me to shop late at night at Wal Mart! LOL.

Im so glad others are in agreement about "fast" groups. Its so nice to get them back on time and be able to put your blocks together fast. I hope April does another fast group next time...just dont like waiting 4 months to start another fast group! Times a flying by and I want to sew as much as I can, while I can! I ONLY have 6 tops finished, waiting to go to quilters.. Have a great weekend!

This is so funny....our walmart when the fabric came back was put under the home improvement depatment and the manager of that department is so funny when he is cutting fabric....seeing this man all covered in tatoos....which i don't have a problem with.....cutting the fabric and being very accurate in what he is doing. Atleast he isn't afraid of cutting or pinning. LOL

For the first time in a Boom swap I do like the fast group, in one of each and I do work better under a tighter deadline. I haven't even started on the slow group yet. Will be as soon as I finish this group, 3 more to make for this group.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:39 AM

"I hope April does another fast group next time...just dont like waiting 4 months to start another fast group!"

OMG!!!! Do you mean we've gotta' wait that long before we can do this again?? I already have 4 more fabrics washed, pressed ,cut (18x11) and ready to go. Maybe April will take pity on us if we all whine together! This has been too much fun.
Seriously Ladies, we need to do something special for April for coming up with such a fantastic swap. Maybe a F8 or FQ or a block shower. I think a block shower would be great since she couldn't join in this time. What do you think Ladies? We could decide on a controlled color and go from there.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 AM

Yep, until the other groups are done with the slow swap. I think it is because of the paperwork and keeping track of a new group starting in Sept/Oct for another fast group when the other groups are still working. Im not sure how it works, glad Im not doing the paperwork but wish there was a way to start a 2nd fast group sooner! Let me know if you come up with something Libster, Id join in for April
Old 09-02-2013, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I've received from everyone and sent back. Just need my finished block from quiltermomma, catgirl and debfaye. Love the fast group much better also.

I sent yours over a week ago, so let me know if it doesn't arrive this week! Your picture's in my album if you want to peek!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 PM

I have 2 more to make for this group. I just uploaded the pictures in my albums if you want to check it out. However joanelizbay yours is not there, the one I forgot to take a picture of.

I am battling a bad sinus headache so I am going to take it easy the rest of the evening. Will get the other 2 done this week for mollymunchkin and missgigglewings.

I have had fun with this groups f8's. It is my first boom swap and will do it again.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:08 PM

Looks awesome catgirl, but I have not received it yet. Hopefully soon.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
"I hope April does another fast group next time...just dont like waiting 4 months to start another fast group!"

OMG!!!! Do you mean we've gotta' wait that long before we can do this again?? I already have 4 more fabrics washed, pressed ,cut (18x11) and ready to go. Maybe April will take pity on us if we all whine together! This has been too much fun.
Seriously Ladies, we need to do something special for April for coming up with such a fantastic swap. Maybe a F8 or FQ or a block shower. I think a block shower would be great since she couldn't join in this time. What do you think Ladies? We could decide on a controlled color and go from there.

This sounds great to me and I will gladly take part in a block shower for April. Just let us know the color theme and what type of block we are going for.
Phyllis
sunrise450
Old 09-03-2013, 06:15 AM

I think it would be great to shower April. I will be happy to do a block for her.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Quiltermomma,
I just recieved your block. It was worth the wait,I love it.

tubsfam (Marie)
Old 09-03-2013, 12:44 PM

missgigglewings, I know I sent your block long ago but did not see it in your album.

tubsfam