Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 08-30-2013, 02:50 PM

I will be finishing up all the blocks I have left for this group over the weekend. All will be mailed next week. I have had fun making these blocks and receiving them.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 AM

quiltermomma do you have any of those lace ornaments left?

is there anyone who hasn't sent yet? my book keeping is horrendous as in I don't mark off who mailed and who didn't so I never get upset if something doesn't come. curiosity as I wondered if this swap is finished and we are all getting an A plus for finishing first? it feels like we are so close! yahooooooooo! then I can start sewing them all together. I like to have them all in hand so I can arrange them colorwise.. dumb but its me. if I start now and another comes in that would be better suited up in 'that' row then I am stuck. stuck never works for me
Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

is there anyone who hasn't sent yet? my book keeping is horrendous as in I don't mark off who mailed and who didn't so I never get upset if something doesn't come. curiosity as I wondered if this swap is finished and we are all getting an A plus for finishing first? it feels like we are so close! yahooooooooo! then I can start sewing them all together. I like to have them all in hand so I can arrange them colorwise.. dumb but its me. if I start now and another comes in that would be better suited up in 'that' row then I am stuck. stuck never works for me
Brat I am making yours today and it will be mailed out on Tuesday.

I am also making blocks for Tubsfam, mollymunchkin, missgigglewings, awilson. Once finish these 5 I will be done with this group, then on to work on the other group I am in.

Just got back from the Wallyworld......omg it was so hot in the store I almost didn't make it out. It has been so hot here in Texas I avoid going out. If I do i try to go very early so I am not out in the heat of the day.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:11 AM

Cindy, have you mailed mine? I don't show that I have a picture of one from you ?? Brat, I only need two from this group. It has been SO wonderful to be in a fast group of 2 months instead of 4..Id join another "fast" group or two in a heart beat.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Cindy, have you mailed mine? I don't show that I have a picture of one from you ?? Brat, I only need two from this group. It has been SO wonderful to be in a fast group of 2 months instead of 4..Id join another "fast" group or two in a heart beat.
'
Joan yours is complete, missed the mailman yesterday so it will be mailed on tuesday also, along with Terriamn's block. I have both of these already stamped and ready to go.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 AM

"quiltermomma do you have any of those lace ornaments left?

is there anyone who hasn't sent yet? "

Quiltermomma is the only one that I haven't received from yet, other than a side swap with debfaye. As Joan said......I'd join another fast group or two in a heartbeat! This group has really been on the ball and got-r-done!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 AM

I've received from everyone and sent back. Just need my finished block from quiltermomma, catgirl and debfaye. Love the fast group much better also.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:23 AM

I believe the only one I am waiting for a block from is Quiltermomma. I haven't been real good at keeping up on my spreadsheet who I received from, but when I count how many I have I am only missing 1.

Woke up to thunderstorms this morning. Maybe, maybe it won't be so hot today. For the last week it has been over 100 and as high as 106. Not good when you have a lung condition that makes it harder to breath.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

My records show that I have sent and recieved all but quiltermomma. I made myself another block to go in my Christmas blocks which makes 16 blocks. I am doing QAYG so I can get started as soon as I am finished with the tagete group.
I agree, this has been the best swap with everyone working together. I hope that we can do this again.
Phyllis
sunrise450
Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 AM

I went to Wal Mart Saturday about 11:30 pm after a dance and thought it would be a great time to shop...I had about 6 bolts of b/w material I wanted cut and asked the young girl if she could cut fabric for me. She rolled her eyes, threw everything on the counter into a box and proceeded to cut my fabric....I didnt know whether to laugh or to cry! I wanted a half yard of each and she could NOT figure out what a 1/2 a yard was in inches!! When the young man came over and showed her how to figure it out then she couldnt figure out how to cut it even so I showed her the rail in the counter that you use to "cut" the fabric and how to lay the fabric so she could cut it...She couldnt figure out how to scan the price and print them all out on one ticket so I ended up with 7 different tickets, one on each piece....When I told her I wanted a yard of one fabric I thought she was going to have a heart attack figuring out what a yard was in inches...
I tried not to laugh that whole time but when she didnt want to pin the tickets on the fabric because she "always sticks herself" I laughed out loud and pined them on myself....I asked if she ever sewed and she said Lord no, not since I was a kid! That will teach me to shop late at night at Wal Mart! LOL.

Im so glad others are in agreement about "fast" groups. Its so nice to get them back on time and be able to put your blocks together fast. I hope April does another fast group next time...just dont like waiting 4 months to start another fast group! Times a flying by and I want to sew as much as I can, while I can! I ONLY have 6 tops finished, waiting to go to quilters.. Have a great weekend!

Last edited by joanelizbay; 09-02-2013 at 07:10 AM.