Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap

DebDebDebDeb I want to make this block too please don't forget me!!!!! I'll make them like next weeekkkkk ) yippee!!!!
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    Summer block swap open April 1, closes June 1 and blocks due by June 30. Below is the link for the swap, complete with directions for making the block. This block just says *SUMMER FUN* to me. Usual swap rules apply as posted in the Member Swaps forum. Background may be color of your choice. Blades may be in 1930's fabric, or brights, hues of the same color palate, opposites....whatever you desire. Since this block may take you out of your comfort zone (we all need to challenge our skills!), I would suggest that you make a sample block before you commit to the swap. The step by step directions are very nicely done. If you wish to join, pm me, then I will post your name in the thread as a way of tracking. When your blocks are completed, please pm me for addy, and postal instructions.http://www.quiltinaday.com/freepatte...GoRound_12.pdf
    I figured out the yardage. All of these are based on 40 width of fabric. Background - 7.5 square - you will get 5 squares per row, need to cut three rows of 7.5 equals 22.5 inches: Plus 2-1/8 x 16 strips (two needed per block) - you will get two strips per row, need 24 strips, you will need to cut 12 rows of 2.5 (give yourself a little leeway) equals 30 inches. 30+22.5 = 52.5 ....1-1/2 yard should be good. For safety insurance you may want to get 1-2/3 yard for background. This blocks shows only two colors - so based on that - yellow - you will get 5 blocks per row, need three rows = 22.5 =2/3 yard needed, may want to get 1 yard for safety insurance. Blue - you will get 2 strips per row, need to cut six rows = 1 yard, but I would get 1-1/4 yard, again for safety insurance. Now, if you want to put in two colors (split the blue) 2/3 yard of two different colors, and if you wanted to split the yellow as well - 1/2 yard of two colors would be plenty.

Deb thanks for taking the time to give us these measurements. And I had no problem opening the site link just now.
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Quote Originally Posted by DoriDeS View Post
    DebDebDebDeb I want to make this block too please don't forget me!!!!! I'll make them like next weeekkkkk ) yippee!!!!
    WOOHOO Dori!!!!! Come make mine too
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Dori - I can see you jumping up and down while saying my name! You are such a hoot.

Linda, try this link....Merry go Round is the 3 pattern listed. http://www.quiltinaday.com/freepattern/

So far we have SheriR, SharonB, Karen Patrick, quilter 824 and DoriDes. As soon as Linda can get on the link, she may join as well!

Blog Entries
    Deb, did you forget me already. LOL
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

lolol it is gunna be funny if I have to go to Texas to make SheriR's for her hahahahaha!!! and I would do it toooo lolol )

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    Dori - I can see you jumping up and down while saying my name! You are such a hoot.
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

No, Island - you are the leader!!!!

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast