Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 12-19-2013, 03:28 PM

a present for me ! yay! i received a beautiful dq from Quilty Louise today. love it. thats two new Christmas DQs for me! i think i have a decoration theme now !
Old 12-19-2013, 03:53 PM

Sienna_Gigi, go ahead and post a pic of the little quilt you sent me as we are leaving for our shack today and I won't have internet access for at least 3 weeks. I hope your little quilt from me arrives soon, probably got delayed with the Christmas rush.

Have a great Christmas and New Year everyone. We are finally get some summer weather - mid 30 degC and of course with this comes bushfire warnings so the cool verandah at the shack is beckoning me

See you all in the New Year
Old 12-19-2013, 04:02 PM

Ladies I apologize that I have not posted the January sign up yet. Honestly.... I kinda forgot! December has come and almost gone by so fast ! I will get sign ups posted tomorrow I promise. So in the mean time...... any thoughts or ideas y'all want to tackle for the upcoming swaps?????
Old 12-19-2013, 04:18 PM

All the dqs this month are just superb!!

I am sending prayers for that darling lil boy...and also for Christine...

Tlambing, on the Friendship tree, did you make up the pattern? It is the cutest thing...and I collect buttons...actually I have a TON of buttons...and I would love to make a tree like that for my mom (she is coming up on 10 yrs cancer free from lung cancer! She only has one lung, and is on oxygen full time, but she is a trooper!) I would love to make a tree for her and use some of the buttons I inherited from my grandma (her mom).
Take care all,
Kif
Old 12-19-2013, 05:18 PM

Thanks Kiffee.
I just made it up in my mind. I had an idea of the size I wanted and then cut pointed leaf shapes of varying sizes from all of my dark green Christmas fabrics. I arranged them in a tree fashion with a batik trunk, onto a little steam a seam. I affixed that to my background fabric and then free motioned the leaves for texture and did a quick straight seam all round to hold the edges. After that is was just framing(border), sandwiching and FMQing the background. I then just used buttons from my stash (inherited from 2 grandmas and my mother as well as all I've collected) to decorate my "Friendship" tree.

It all stemmed from an idea and I love texture so tried to incorporate it everywhere.

Thanks so much for asking I'd love to see what you create if you decide to do one.

Merry Christmas! and my best to your mom,

Teresa
Old 12-19-2013, 05:35 PM

Thanks for the info...I love applique, so I do think I will make something similar for Mom...
K
Old 12-20-2013, 07:49 AM

ok for Januarys theme how about valentines because your swap ends jan 31st right? no time in February to do those.. and in feb do st. pats .. just a thought.. and maybe easter if it falls in march also so that would have to be done in feb.. and well those are always popular ideas. everyone loves to hang up a little wall hanging to coordinate with the holiday and as always of course people could do what their partners preferred instead if they don't do the holiday.. or new year something new, modern like a change up from every day..

I am busy in the block of the month getting ready to do my medallion style quilt along if any of you are wanting to join, no swapping, easy to medium choices each month.. it should be fun check out the posts and see if it grabs you.. it seems to be pretty popular and lots of pics should be posted. Also there is a Jan tablerunner swap on favorite things.. could be pretty amazing as always. the new year has so many new possibilities its wonderful. I say jump on in and push yourself just a tiny bit further.. a new years challenge! GO FOR IT.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 PM

I'd love Valentine's as well brat! I like the different holiday's "posted" on my kitchen wall.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:11 PM

Valentine's sounds nice.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Banned

ppm I am so happy that you liked the dq I made for you.

I will post a picture of the wonderful dq you made for me
but it is at work right now I am using it as my Christmas
decor for the party (yesterday) and I forgot to bring all my
DQ's home last night so I will get them on Monday.

Originally Posted by paperpieceme View Post
a present for me ! yay! i received a beautiful dq from Quilty Louise today. love it. thats two new Christmas DQs for me! i think i have a decoration theme now !