Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 12-01-2013, 01:38 PM

You guys crack me up. To be wild and crazy I cut the greens, sautéed one onion, three pieces of bacon closed to a smoked thing jaba I could find in my fridge and cooked them an hour with chicken broth. they are not bad, not run home and do a hot dang! dance but .. just there? mild in flavor (all the onion bacon and garlic and chicken broth perhaps?) see I love spinach cooked. This was no where near as 'slimmy' as you put it Jan. It is a thicker? leaf so its more in texture to leaks if you ask me. I give them an ok.. wouldn't buy them wouldn't throw them out either. Food is a precious commodity here. I happen to enjoy eating it daily in fact

as to eating stinky possibly poisonous polk? uh.. way full from the greens sorry! and as to things that even have the word smag in them.. well they go the way of polk I am afraid. yikes. but if you love it I say go for it. My kids love octopus but having tried it once well.. I say chew away kids chew away
Old 12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

I love that little reindeer
Old 12-01-2013, 06:55 PM

my quilts are off to their homes, now to finish the stitching on the little tractors that we made to day at Sister in laws baby shower.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:37 AM

Hey Elizabrat, no quilt just yet, but lets wait for a few days, per the holiday closings and all. I probably will get it today or tomorrow. will keep you posted. Mary
Old 12-02-2013, 04:46 AM

I know it is around here(poke salad) in NC but I have not eaten it , so don't know the taste. and as for collards, one has to learn to like them, season them right and they are really good, oh and if anyone does that that clean out thing for our bod?? that collards and spinach and Kale are great for that. I am not originally from NC so I had to learn to like or do without. oh lets not forget turnip greens!!

If they are bitter(collards) they didn't have the frost on them, yeah thats the NC thing, I have family that does live in the country, and they add a ham hock or other variety, salt & pepper, maybe just a tad of sugar to get rid of the tangy taste, and do you know they add a couple of hot peppers to the pot. really is good if cooked right.

Mary
Old 12-02-2013, 04:51 AM

Um everyone, about poke salad, if you know what it looks like, its a weed would you believe and here in NC usually can find by railroad tracks, I remember my grand mother go pick them, but didn't cook them where she lived at the time. y'all brought back a memory is all. aren't those the ones that stink to high heaven?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Banned

Yes they stink to high heaven and BEYOND! LOL

I lived in NC (Catawba County) for over 17 years before moving
back home to CO in 1998. That is how I know about poke salad.

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
Um everyone, about poke salad, if you know what it looks like, its a weed would you believe and here in NC usually can find by railroad tracks, I remember my grand mother go pick them, but didn't cook them where she lived at the time. y'all brought back a memory is all. aren't those the ones that stink to high heaven?
Old 12-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Banned

I am starting a new DQ for my partner.
Will get it in the mail by the mailing date.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 AM

I'll stick with my lettuce, thank you! DH's grandma used to cook dandelion greens. YucK!1

Got a beautiful DQ from Paperpieceme over the weekend. She does beautiful work, I just love it. @pcs of christmas fabric that I will use soon!! And the package itself was sew cute!! Thank you so much Paperpieceme.. Yours will be in the mail tomorrow, if I don't forget to bring it again. OldTimers disease. Anyway, here are the pictures. The last 2 are sneek peeks of the two that will go out from me.
Attached Thumbnails dq13rcd-paperpieceme.jpg   novdqextras.jpg   novdqsneek13.jpg   novdqsneek-13.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 10:58 AM

Elizabrat!! qujlt was sent to another house, we almost have the same address just different streets. got it today! so pretty. I plan to hang it up for Christmas