Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 11-27-2013, 04:59 PM

I got my DQ from klgls today LOVE IT and some FQ Thank you. We both did snowmen
Attached Thumbnails 20131127_152336.jpg  
Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM

Hope you all have a very happy and thankful Thanksgiving Day. For me, yes I'm thankful for a lot of different things and people but tomorrow I thank my hubby for cooking, I wouldn't be able to do it right now. Back went wayward again...
Old 11-28-2013, 11:23 AM

Here is the picture of Linny's lovely DQ to me. The embroidery is out of this world.
Attached Thumbnails 2007_0412b-daymy20120016.jpg  
Old 11-28-2013, 04:32 PM

The embroidered DQ from Linny is adorable!!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Power Poster

Buslady I see mine, gnome in the forest, I was just showing off the doll quilts I received in previous swaps today to a fellow quilter, who came over for Thanksgiving. I love the ones I received. From you I have the doll quilt in your avatar with the red cardinal. I love it! Hopefully next year I can join in again. I have just too many UFOs sitting around right now.

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
I'm in. I would not be in good humor if I had to miss another. LOL I did do some catching up, though. And that feels great. Finished up a quilt I started nearly 3 years ago. In time for the quilt show. Saw 6 or 7 quilts from last years group quilting. Last night I worked on finishing that one up. The top will be finished tonight, I hope. I have several tops ready to quilt, I hope to get working on them next. So many ideas, so many projects in the wings, so little time. This group is such fun. I put together a bunch of my swap quilts for the show. I am attaching a picture. Is your's in there? Missing Bertie and Brats cause they are hanging on the wall at the office and I forgot to grab them. Enjoy
Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 AM

I think the snowflake needs white thread myself.. (smarty pants well quilty loise did ask..) and its a cute design the white would make it stand out more the black pulls it in a bit maybe?

I love the reindeer and charley brown tree is that hand embroidered? looks like it..very cute.

I hope you all had a great holiday yesterday and that you find you have an easy weekend cooking with all those left overs. I sent mine all packing out of here so one more meal today and we will be back to regular. Think its time for turkey soup small pot of soup and rolls and presto.. finished with all that .. except the cranberries. Why dont I make them all year they are so darned good! love them on turkey but on a sandwich oh yeah and well how about pork would work great with pork too and chicken and well .. ham bet you they are good on ham also.. sold! maybe I will keep a bag in the freezer so I can do just that. I mean it takes 2 minutes to make the relish why not. (hey maybe ocean spray will hire me to be a spokesperson?) .. sewing today. I sure hve missed it!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Banned

Yep I totally agree.

Have already ripped out the heavier line of stitching. Of course I didnt realize that
i had did a smaller thinner line of stitchin, and that is proving to be much harder to
rip out.

However I am thinking of going in a different direction now.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I think the snowflake needs white thread myself.. (smarty pants well quilty loise did ask..) and its a cute design the white would make it stand out more the black pulls it in a bit maybe?

I love the reindeer and charley brown tree is that hand embroidered? looks like it..very cute.

I hope you all had a great holiday yesterday and that you find you have an easy weekend cooking with all those left overs. I sent mine all packing out of here so one more meal today and we will be back to regular. Think its time for turkey soup small pot of soup and rolls and presto.. finished with all that .. except the cranberries. Why dont I make them all year they are so darned good! love them on turkey but on a sandwich oh yeah and well how about pork would work great with pork too and chicken and well .. ham bet you they are good on ham also.. sold! maybe I will keep a bag in the freezer so I can do just that. I mean it takes 2 minutes to make the relish why not. (hey maybe ocean spray will hire me to be a spokesperson?) .. sewing today. I sure hve missed it!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 PM

what cute little quilts
Old 11-29-2013, 03:57 PM

I received the most beautiful snowman quilt from Sapphire_Rae today! It is so clever -- a 3D snowman, embroidered snowflakes and a background of snowdrifts. The backing is chenille. I really love it. Thanks Sapphire_Rae! I hope you like the one I sent you.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:21 PM

Here's a photo:[ATTACH=CONFIG]449130[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dollquilt.jpg