Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 11-15-2013, 07:27 AM

what does one make for sale at a bird expo booth out of curiosity.. now my mind will ponder this all day til you answer!

I am working on a round robin today. Yipppeee! been feeling a bit under the weather guess I got tired this week with that trip to Bilings. yikes and my active son is coming next week better get over this quick! I love log mantles they are so cozy.. especially with a stone fireplace. One year my X built us a birdseye maple mantle it was lovely very scandanavian like.. now I am more into big wood, stone things lol. big house in the big woods type stuff lol which fits perfectly into my tiny apartment of course. I think I have always wanted a little cabin or a house with the white picket fence.. had one once.. the fit was perfect for me. I amnot much of a jumbo house person. ready for why? ALL THAT CLEANING! and the thought the kids might move back in with me lol..

NOW MARY: send me your mail to please I had it I think but oops not any longer and your little wall quilt will sit on my counter waiting your address.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Banned

I have mug rugs that I made using exotic bird fabric.

Made a full size apron and plan to make at least one (more if I have time)
half aprons.

Have FSL parrot earrings & necklace sets (and earrings only).

I fussy cut some fabric and make yo-yo pins.

If I have time I want to try and make a fleece Christmas stocking.
Also using the fleece make "bird" tents for inside the cages which
are attached and hang inside for the birds to "sleep" inside.

I don't have any birds, but my co-worker does (about 30 or so).

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
what does one make for sale at a bird expo booth out of curiosity.. now my mind will ponder this all day til you answer!

I am working on a round robin today. Yipppeee! been feeling a bit under the weather guess I got tired this week with that trip to Bilings. yikes and my active son is coming next week better get over this quick! I love log mantles they are so cozy.. especially with a stone fireplace. One year my X built us a birdseye maple mantle it was lovely very scandanavian like.. now I am more into big wood, stone things lol. big house in the big woods type stuff lol which fits perfectly into my tiny apartment of course. I think I have always wanted a little cabin or a house with the white picket fence.. had one once.. the fit was perfect for me. I amnot much of a jumbo house person. ready for why? ALL THAT CLEANING! and the thought the kids might move back in with me lol..

NOW MARY: send me your mail to please I had it I think but oops not any longer and your little wall quilt will sit on my counter waiting your address.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:10 AM

Okay, finally posting pics as promised. This is the awesome DQ sent from Jaba to me a few days ago. She's so quick. I am hoping to finish mine this weekend. About 75% of the way completed.

It's reversible and I absolutely love it! It is absolutely the wildlife we love. Thanks so much again!
Attached Thumbnails dq1.jpg   dq2.jpg  
Old 11-15-2013, 11:54 PM

Quilty-Louise,
That's a lot of bird stuff! Now the lil upside down tents for the birds to sleep in sounds interesting...

Brat, hope you feel better tomorrow, er today. When will you know the outcome of your tests?

Jaba, I am thinking for dq swap #52, that you will surely get my name (hint to hostess..and yes, I know I have to sign up to be involved..lol) as that quilt you made Justducky65 is well, "just ducky"! Sorry, y'all, I couldn't resist...but seriously, that quilt will fit for myself and dh, boy would he ever love it! Also hope you're resting...

KwiltKrazy got the dq I made her for #50 with the candle theme, and she posted a pic...yippee! For some reason it seems swappees don't often post pics of what I send..I was starting to wonder if it was my work or the fqs I send..but I try and send what I know I would want..then my lil ole pea brain thought, "Hmm...maybe it's your taste, then." EEK!!
Gotta laugh!
Kif
Old 11-16-2013, 04:50 AM

yeah Kiffie take it personally. they wont post pics of your stuff because well it might break the camera. What will you do? what will you do? YOU DORK some people don't have cameras and often its like two or three times in a row this happens.. take a pic yourself if you remember (which often I don't) and then post it and say HEY WORLD look what I made XYZ! you crack me up girl.

Ok, I try to sign up for Jabas stuff all the time. She smiles at me and says make it yourself. Yup that is what friends are for.. I go over she has this RACK of stuff she has whipped up and well envy? did I say I was a tad envious? of course not. Not me. and yup that is our kind of wild life. I love the dq Jaba.. can I have one? lol

I am mailing Mary's today if the post office is open. Got it in an envelope and just need to get an ADDRESS lol maybe I did that already now I have to go check. ah to be so old! 52, cant wait to see what happens at 60! its going to be good surely.

Breakfast: broccoli and three cheese quiche I whipped up earlier this morning. come on over!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:32 AM

Just ducky, am so glad you and hubby like it, excited to see what you are making me! Kif and brat just remind me when you get my name for your partner and I'll whip you up something. Never make anything twice I don't think, 'cause I can't remember what I did 52 is so old???? Gees brat I've got to be ancient, wait 'til you're 67 like me.....no wonder I can't remember what I'm doing or what I did
Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Finished the mantel last night! This fireplace started out with being just the small red bricks, like they built them in the 50's, thought I took a pic but can't find it, here is the updated modern world redo. Love the rocks and the big slabs for the hearth. Hubby Bill built a beautiful mantel for it, wish you all could see it in person.[ATTACH=CONFIG]447184[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1693.jpg  
Old 11-16-2013, 09:36 AM

Kind of found one so you can see the old fireplace, like the new one better[ATTACH=CONFIG]447185[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1359.jpg  
Old 11-16-2013, 10:24 AM

Jaba, lovely, beautiful, stunning fireplace! I also love the larger stone look! Hubby did excellent job on that mantle! I will see about taking a pic of my fireplace, sans mantle, dh hasn't found right "old" log of wood we like yet. I think he needs to look harder!!

Brat, I was really having a laugh at myself over pic posting, or lack thereof, too...thing is, I have had peeps thank me, say they're going to post pic later, but later never happens...and you are starting to know me by now (you lucky gal, you!) I find humor everywhere, sometimes where there is no humor except to me ..haha
K
Old 11-16-2013, 05:48 PM

Worked on my little quilt for likethedog today. It's fluffy, not stuffy, hehe. Not traditional holiday colors, but festive none the less. Hope she likes it. Plan to bind tomorrow and get it off next week. Feels good to make progress.