Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 11-14-2013, 05:28 AM

I have a funny story to share. I made a couple calls, inquiries on if there is a RED HAT SOCIETY here in Cody. Turns out there is. I was chatting with the nice lady who runs it and mentioned I was hoping to meet a few more quilters here in town as I didn't know many people. She says do you know Jan from Ralston? I said yes she is my only friend here.. she says.. well she is MY STEP DAUGHTER. Jan as in Jaba here! I had to laugh what a small world should have just ask Jan. She knows EVERYONE so maybe just maybe I can get her to fling a red hat on and join me when I go to lunch with the ladies. They are not the red hatters this group but they are the Scarlett O. Hatters anyone have a spare red hat they can send me? (just don't happen to have one of those.. yet). what a small small world.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 AM

Jaba - I received your package and I love, love, love it! Thanks for the FQs that you enclosed as well. I will post a picture this evening after work when I get a chance. Thanks so much!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 AM

Wow! I'm still in the "get yer butt moving" stage! LOL I know what I am doing, and once I can sit down and do it, I will be fine! We have a little extra time this month, do we not? Can't wait for this weekend. Then the next, and the next..... There I go wishing my life away. eeeeeeeeee DGD last BB game Saturday, next Fri going to an all day sew in at the local LQS with some friends from the retreat. goody goody goody!!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:20 AM

yes you have a little extra time this month!! YEA!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by justducky65 View Post
Jaba - I received your package and I love, love, love it! Thanks for the FQs that you enclosed as well. I will post a picture this evening after work when I get a chance. Thanks so much!
Just read this on here, glad you received it, thanks for letting me know. Hope you will enjoy it and really hope that is what you had in mind for wildlife. You gotta' remember I'm from Wyoming and this is wildlife to me
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM

getting closer to quilting both little quilts....one is applique and the other is embroidered and it's fun doing both...have to finish a baby quilt for shower on saturday first.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:45 PM

Made a start on my little quilt for sienna_gigi today, taking a break from black,white and red LOL
Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 AM

Just got caught up on this thread, sure hope and am praying you get good news Brat! Too funny about Red Hat gal being kin to Jaba! ..and yes, what a small world! One of my best quilty sisters is really involved in one of our local Red Hat Societies, she probably has several hats. I can't recall their name for their group. She told me if I was to come to a meeting with her I should wear a pink hat..as I will be a lady in waiting.. Finally! Something I am too young for!! Lol.. 50 is not far off for me, so I think I will just wait it out..and then don my red hat! I have seen pics of some of their shindigs, and boy are there some amazing hats being worn! Looks and sounds like a lot of fun..and something I never would've thought I would do..just goes to show, never say never!

Jaba, agree with Brat, think you need to reconsider running that shop vac! Have to give yourself a break, and try and let your back heal...sorry for mini "nag". Looking forward to seeing pics of finished fireplace and mantel! Dh and ds built the one in our back den, it's massive as well, and I love it! All it needs now is a mantel..I want dh to make me one from a large old log, cut in half, or something similar..he is on the hunt for one.

Lynnie25, sounds like the fabrics are "agreeing" with you...

Can't wait to see all the pics of the dqs come in!
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-15-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:34 AM

Hope to be done with my quilt today.
I made one just like it for myself.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Banned

I have a bird expo this weekend so I am trying to make some things
to sale at the booth.

Next week I HOPE to start on the newest DQ.