Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 ... LastLast

Thread: February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

I heard from my SP last night that her mailing was late and her tracking says it should arrive on Thursday or Friday. I was very glad to hear from her and due to her PM, I can be patient to wait longer. I think that when the Swap package is this late in the game, it's a good idea to let your partner know. I know that I am more than willing to wait now that I've heard from her.

Quote Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
    I heard from my SP last night .
    I am so glad that your package is on it's way.
    Vicki W

I'm just glad to hear from my SP more than anything. It certainly makes the waiting so much easier. Hope tracibug and pbadder hear from theirs.

I always say that someone has to come in last and I am secure enough to have it be me. I'll take February for the team, ladies!!

Hoping nothing tragic happened to my partner as I do understand how life happens and foil our best intentions.

I can tell two of you that are on the bench that your packages will be arriving on Thursday....they were mailed in flat rate envelopes that needed taped up to close....they were sent back and I was told that they must close flat without being taped up or you will not be allowed to pay the flat rate....had to repackage in flat rate bubble envelopes which actually hold more anyway...so there is one on the way again to CA and OH.....
    Brenda

Bah! What postal bunk is this?!?

I get flat rates in all shapes and sizes, someone there just has to ruin it for us creative types.

So sorry you had to deal with the reship.

Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    I can tell two of you that are on the bench that your packages will be arriving on Thursday....they were mailed in flat rate envelopes that needed taped up to close....they were sent back and I was told that they must close flat without being taped up or you will not be allowed to pay the flat rate....had to repackage in flat rate bubble envelopes which actually hold more anyway...so there is one on the way again to CA and OH.....

Blog Entries
    I found a way around the tape issue -- position your label sideways and then since you have to put tape on it to keep it on the label, you can let it overlap the flap!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    I found a way around the tape issue -- position your label sideways and then since you have to put tape on it to keep it on the label, you can let it overlap the flap!
    ahhhh...very wise grasshopper....I did order a batch of free padded flat rates and they do hold more....
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    I put tape on the flat rate bubble envelopes and the flat envelopes all the time with no problem at all. Guess it depends on who sees it at the post office.

Blog Entries
    I received a wonderful surprise from my swap partner in Japan. GiiJin, I think that is right,. She was actually who I sent a package to this month. She returned a package to me with a very lovely pc of "Made in Japan" fabric and a lovely note. I am hoping this is the beginning of a great friendship. Thank you Deborah!!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 ... LastLast