Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

you dont need to change a theme for me goof just not doing paper piecing thats all and if I miss one month well you guys will just be excited when I come back ..

Dragonfly let me know how much I would love one. not so sure about that drab background and think he wore a white tshirt in the commercial lol.. we always do horrible things like have our kitties dance. One of them does this slink back down to his rear and boy the glares he gives are hysterical. The other two just look at you like your so dumb but they go with it. I think they are right too but its awful fun. and its not something that hurts them. so dorks r us.

I really love watching everyones doll quilts come in. I think next month you will get that many more sign ups as everyone is finished with Christmas and well ready to do something fun.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Brat, we're not doing paper piecing. We're going to do a technique we've never done before -- helps us to stretch and grow as quilters.
    Krystyna
    Embrace each new day with gratitude

very nice dq's coming in . mine is still in the what to make stage but i am getting close and will strt on it this week.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Mine is done and bound, but I decided to hand quilt it! Getting there. Need I say that there are not 16 stitches to an inch! Some day maybe, but not today.
    Krystyna

I hand quilt and I will never get to 16 stitches to the inch. I was looking at the amish quilts for sale on line and they deffinitely don't have 16 stitches to the inch. Some LOok like 5 stitches and they are selling for $700. I think the key is to have nice even stitches. My machine could probably get 16. I am trying my best to have even stitches. LOL That is the hard part.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

16 stitches to the inch....who quilts like that??? I agree urgodschild2, I struggle to get even stitches without even thinking about how many stitches per inch I can do. If I worried about that, I wouldn't be hand quilting as it would take all the enjoyment and relaxation I get from it away.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

buslady, your DQ just has the binding to be done but I am going to hold it to post until after my weekend stall as I want to have it on display with my other dolls quilts. No hurry with mine though
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    RE 16 stitches to the inch - I guess I've been reading too much Elm Creek Quilts!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Lynnie, I worked on your DQ all weekend and it is almost done. I am not happy with the corners. You will see when you get it, but by the time I finish it up I hope to hide the wonkiness of them. LOL I tried a technique I had never done, but had been thinking about for a loooong time. If I could have got my serger to do some gathering for me it might look better. Talk about using the ripper. Oye!! So much going on that I am having trouble finding time to sew. When I have time, I am too tired. So, a little here, a little there, I had to go out of town Sunday for DGD & DGS wrestling match and to a meeting on Monday, both days were 2 hour driving each way. So I took a bunch of hand work with me. Life saver, as I hate long drives, seems like such a waste of time. Prescious time I will never get back. LOL DH drives for me and I sew. Or read. Or both. Well, I hope to get your DQ in the mail by end of week, but lets say next Monday, just so I don't have to appologize! LOL Oh, I did one thing. I went to the post office today to see what the best way to package for overseas delivery. Line was Looong!! Left. Got a salad for lunch and went back. No line. But no help. Lady behind the counter didn't want to be bothered with looking it up. "I think it is $XXX" I told her I needed to know. Next amount was 4X the first. I came back here and signed up for USPS home postage program. The answer was right there. I think I have a new favorite program. OH, and they put $5 free postage that can be used in the next 30 days!! Whoop Whoop
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quiltermomof3, I have yours about 90% done. hopefully I can finish it this weekend and mail it by Monday.

I love the DQ's that have been shared so far.
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast